• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Name that EL34!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The 2 tubes linked below came from a Dynaco ST-70 that I bought. There are 2 pairs of them. To thisgreenhorn, they look like Mullards. They are stamped "Made in Great Britain." One has a single halo getter and the other has a double halo getter. There are really no other distinguishing markings on them (other than the pin numbers, which I doubt are neccessarily distinguishing).

Tubes in general are pretty new to me, so please try not to laugh too hard at my inability to accurately identify these tubes.

I also received 2 RCA black-plate 7199s with the amp that look mint!

Tube 1 with single halo getter:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Tube 2 with double halo getter (the second image makes the halos look stacked atop of one another - this is due to the angle of the snapshot):
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks, Shifty.

Tube #2 with double halo getter is certainly a Mullard:

Valve-2---Dynaco---closeup.jpg

Tube #1 - with single halo getter is marked "GT BRITAIN," has stapled plates, and a crosshatch on the top of the glass:

Valve-1---no-name---closeup.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.