Tube Cad Journal dead - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd February 2006, 01:55 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Tube Cad Journal dead

Is the TJC dead one more time, last blog is ten weeks old.

Somebody with information?

Reinhard
Old 23rd February 2006, 03:24 PM   #2
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I know that John has been working at Aikido kits and a few other projects. Personal life, too. Have patience, he's not dead yet.
Old 23rd February 2006, 05:19 PM   #3
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Didn't his wife have a kid recently? Might be why he is so busy..
Old 23rd February 2006, 06:14 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

In the blog he stated that his father recently passed away. I know from experience how much time this can consume.

My father passed away 6 months ago, he did not have any plans in place for care of my mother who has dementia. 6 months later we are still dealing with the details of cleaning out a lifetime of personal belongings from their house and trying to sell it. My mom is now staying in an assisted living facillity 250 miles away. This means that almost every weekend I have to get both of my brothers, two witnesses, and a notary over to her place to sign papers. We still don't have the paperwork necessary to sell the house (waiting on Title transfer), and the house is not empty yet.

If you have elderly parents in poor health, insist on helping them set this stuff ahead of time. Even if they tell you that it is all done!

I am in the same position. The only time you see me here is from the computer at work. Tubelab, and all of the cool stuff has to wait. Trust me, I do have a new web site comming, and the TubelabSE boards will be available, when I can be available to properly support them. I am sure that John is in a similar state. He will return.

His blog also states that he lost his primary hard drive in December, so did I. Is this just a weird coincidence?
Old 23rd February 2006, 09:50 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Tubelab - my condolences. I lost my Dad 2 years ago and my Mum a year later. It does leave a kind of black hole, emotionally, and as you say the sheer organisation of affairs goes on and on. Bit spooky when it stops, though, so it's not all bad if you see what I mean.
Old 21st March 2006, 12:56 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

HE'S BAAAAACK!

Hide this!Advertise here!