EL84 Amp - Baby Huey - Page 29 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th July 2007, 11:19 PM   #281
diyAudio Member

Oh... thank you. I think in this way its more organized and easyest to mae later modifications.

I have one doubt about the circuit. There is a wire in the CCS power output to ''0v at ecc83''. So, should i put this in the 12ax7 heater central tap (pin 9)? Its the only 0v i can see there... am i right, or in any 0v it will work (as it should work)?
Old 28th July 2007, 12:11 AM   #282
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by raidprotector
Hmm :-(... lets see. I know a guy that does like that and have great results... when i could hear the sound i'll know, then if it sounds sucks i will take it off the 90 angles.
Hi raid,

You are doing fine indeed...
Your English is doing allright too, don't worry (it seems your language "teacher" here I know him very well...)

For your first try out on this difficult wiring technique I can say it is way ahead on some "industrial and professional" work, some of them well regarded and expensive tube stuff (have seen some "beautiful outside" far east products wiring that don't even get close to yours...)
Nice work and we would be curious for the resulting sound and electrical performance of this amp (the only thing I don't really like is the open circuitry, no chassis shielding: I've seen people doing that and giving up after a few trys because the level of noises, buzzes, hum and the like was unbearable... beware.

[ ]
Ricardo

P.S.
I would like to invite the friends in this space to take a look at my "site" and browse through the stuff I've been doing:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vtr_products/
Thanks in advance!
Old 28th July 2007, 12:29 AM   #283
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by raidprotector

I have one doubt about the circuit. There is a wire in the CCS power output to ''0v at ecc83''. So, should i put this in the 12ax7 heater central tap (pin 9)? Its the only 0v i can see there... am i right, or in any 0v it will work (as it should work)? [/B]
There will be others more knowledgeable to comment, but since noone has so far, I'll step up and say that 0V at ECC83 means the ground/earth point at the ECC83 socket--usually where you ground your grid resistor--check back on gingertubes excellent recommendatios on earthing early on in this thread. Definitely not the heater CT, which is a different circuit altogether.

Hope you can follow me OK.

Cheers.
Old 28th July 2007, 02:07 AM   #284
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Ricardo,
Your workmanship is excellent! Amazing stuff, you have every right to be proud of your work!

Do some more. Possibly detail a build in a thread.

-Chris
Old 29th July 2007, 12:37 AM   #285
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rwellerson

Hi raid,

You are doing fine indeed...
Your English is doing allright too, don't worry (it seems your language "teacher" here I know him very well...)

For your first try out on this difficult wiring technique I can say it is way ahead on some "industrial and professional" work, some of them well regarded and expensive tube stuff (have seen some "beautiful outside" far east products wiring that don't even get close to yours...)
Nice work and we would be curious for the resulting sound and electrical performance of this amp (the only thing I don't really like is the open circuitry, no chassis shielding: I've seen people doing that and giving up after a few trys because the level of noises, buzzes, hum and the like was unbearable... beware.

[ ]
Ricardo

P.S.
I would like to invite the friends in this space to take a look at my "site" and browse through the stuff I've been doing:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vtr_products/
Thanks in advance!

Thank you ricardo... your jobs inspirate mines. I'll put all the grounds in the down top of PCB (its a unused copper PCB) and my earth to (a 15 feet copper bar stick in the ground)... can you understand what i'm saying?

here go some pics of the CCS circuit board i made:

Click the image to open in full size.

I'll test this 100uf/40v axial siemens for bypass... if it will be to much i can change him easily.
Old 29th July 2007, 02:48 AM   #286
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi raidprotector,
Your capacitor is for bypassing the raw supply, right?

Can you post your schematic?

-Chris
Old 29th July 2007, 10:58 AM   #287
AJT is offline AJT  Philippines
diyAudio Moderator

Hi raidprotector,

here is my unsolicited advice, you cand dab the pcb with clear plastic burnsih to protect the copper from getting tarnished..
Old 30th July 2007, 02:54 AM   #288
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by anatech
Hi raidprotector,
Your capacitor is for bypassing the raw supply, right?

Can you post your schematic?

-Chris
Helle. The schematic is the same of gingertube, just change the capacitor.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony
Hi raidprotector,

here is my unsolicited advice, you cand dab the pcb with clear plastic burnsih to protect the copper from getting tarnished..
Yes, thank you. I have a pcb varnish here that accept later welds (?understand?).
Old 30th July 2007, 01:37 PM   #289
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by anatech
Hi Ricardo,
Your workmanship is excellent! Amazing stuff, you have every right to be proud of your work!

Do some more. Possibly detail a build in a thread.

-Chris
Hi Anatech,

Thanks for your kind words.
It's a good idea to show those build details: give me some time for that.

[ ]
Ricardo
Old 31st July 2007, 01:26 AM   #290
diyAudio Member

Raidprotector,

Very nice work on your amp! You have inspired me to start stripping some wire

7/10

Hide this!Advertise here!