• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

SE 1.5W OTL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hallo Chow,

I would also be interested to build something like that as I have 8 of those 6c19pi tubes lying about idly.

Should not be too hard. I suppose it would just be 4 * 6c19pi in parallel..configured as a cathode follower, with a big fat output cap. Just add a driver stage (6H30pi) and voila.

The only "tricky bit" is to ensure the same amount of current is flowing through each tube...but you can always do that later...

I'll try to come up with something one of these days.

Regards,
Bas

Hmm, I finished a pair of speakers with Fostex FE167E last weekend and I think this kind of amp would be a great match for those.
Unfortunately I don´t have the chokes anymore, but since it has to be cap coupled to the speaker I guess a constant current source would work just as good if not better.
With a little luck that might even be a good way to get a decent autobias point for a bunch of 6C19.

I think I have everything except the tube sockets.

Since idle current is the limiting factor for output power I´d probably increase the number of tubes to 5 or 6 per channel, I have quite a few of those 6C19 IIRC.

Dang, I just remembered that the filament transformer I have only can supply 10A.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.