• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Does anyone recognise this valve amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think this is a stereo valve amp but am not sure what it.

Does anyone here have any ideas

Attachments

• picture of amp.jpg
    picture of amp.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 518
No idea at this point. Two medium-power OPTs and a power tranny for $50 was too good to pass up. I recall stumbling across a few internet posts praising the iron quality. I also like the true balanced out - it appears the output taps are symetrical to a centre ground tap - and the 70 volt windings. The two suggest some interesting options for feedback topology which I haven't really investigated yet. The only possible negative heard so far, and I'm not 100% it related to these specific models, was that some manufacturers tended to run jukebox power tubes at very low current to extend service life. It does suggest caution regarding output biasing is warranted when working without a service manual.

Honestly I really haven't done more than check out the wiring so far. Too many other projects on the go.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.