• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Who manufactured are these EL34's?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found them in a box of old tubes that I have saved over the years. They are probably from some old guitar amp that I repaired.

They are marked "Hot Rods" and are branded "SLM Electronics" and have the code "95-634-01" on each as well as "Made In Germany 9307"

I figured they were shot, but I threw them on my meter and they tested better than new.

Attachments

• hotrod.jpg
    hotrod.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 238
aletheian said:
evermind... I am pretty sure they are siemens actually. probably sound pretty nice.

They look terrible, I think they are cheap Chinese prototypes smuggled from the trash bin,
You should send them to me for proper disposal as they are most certainly not environmentally friendly, I have a solid black box to store them in until the half-life meets current EPA guidelines.
bigok.gif

Trout

Trout said:

They look terrible, I think they are cheap Chinese prototypes smuggled from the trash bin,
You should send them to me for proper disposal as they are most certainly not environmentally friendly, I have a solid black box to store them in until the half-life meets current EPA guidelines.
bigok.gif

Trout

HA! Thanx for the offer Trout. Nice to know that environmentally consiousness people on thus board....LOL! I live in Philly thoug, and there is so much lead and asbestos in the walls and paint here that it will provide sufficient sheilding until the tubes decay to their radioactive halflife and are once again suitable for human use.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.