• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

my first try to make a tube amp from scratch and without pcb ..

4 el34 tubes and 1 ecc82.. all from JJ

rifa caps and the right trafo is from shinrock..

this monoblock is nearly done, i only need the last parts and hopefully it will play this week..

Attachments

• rør mono.jpg
    rør mono.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 2,817
2A3 freelunch/monkey/drd monoblock thing

I built a prototype, then a monoblock. guess which is which. The oak cab is pretty rudimentary. But with a circular saw and chisels, what do you want. Sounds great. Just need to finish the 2nd mono....

Dan

Attachments

• pb050148_1.jpg
    pb050148_1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 2,559
Check ou t my widow maker HV supply. Puts out up to 1600V 500ma (with a little overdrive from the variac):bigeyes: with take offs at 300V, 600V, 900V, 1200V at 120V in. If I need any voltage in between, I can run it through my variac. Big bleeders drop it to 10% in 40 sec after power off and each cap has a LED in series with the bleeder so I can see if there's juice in the caps. You gotta love surplus stores for things like $3.00 400V 820uF 105degC caps and $2.95 meter movements. I just need 1 more post. (I can't count when I'm in the candy store)

It's nowhere near UL or CE, but it'll work for me. No kurfingerplunken under power.

Attachments

• dscn0363.jpg
    dscn0363.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 2,924
ahh that amp looks to be in good shape. i have 6 bogens
do you have a pic of the underside? just wanted to see what shape the caps are in. if you need original parts e-mail me i have
all parts even the amber lights.i even have a working bogen db20
that i will sell.

this ones a close match the gold one.

cheers;)

Attachments

• mvc-480s.jpg
    mvc-480s.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 2,880
My 300B Project

Hello,

In januari 2005 I started to build my first 300B amp. I still haven't finished the project, but I thought it would be nice to show the progress. First I started te be all tthe components piece by piece. This as we all know, because off the prices of Hi-end components, and also because I wanna do it right. After I ordered the best transformers I could get I started to buy riken ohm resistors, black gate capasitors, elma capasitors and silver wire. In august I started to build the housing with a nephew.
Because we only build on saterday morning, the progress is slow.
Last details have to be added.

Anyway I would like to show you my progress on this project. You can find the pictures on a internet photoalbum with a little discription on the right. The backplate is set-up with WBT speaker connectors. Hope to give more pictures in the next weeks and months!

Photo's of my 300B housing

Upcomming: The build of the amp it self. First with JJ 300B and maybe some Emission Lab 300B-XLS or KR 300 B-XLS . After that the build of a Pre-amp in the same design.

karma said:
ahh that amp looks to be in good shape. i have 6 bogens
do you have a pic of the underside? just wanted to see what shape the caps are in. if you need original parts e-mail me i have
all parts even the amber lights.i even have a working bogen db20
that i will sell.

this ones a close match the gold one.

cheers;)

I can take a look and photograph the underside when i get home Sunday night or Monday...i'm on the road right now and free hotspots are few and far betweeen. To see the caps do i need to remove a cover ? I have had a little experience with electronics so i could dissect it a bit, I also have the schematic. I was wondering if there were any mods i can do to make it sound better. And i really am interested in a amber light replacement too (just the lense, bulb works).

here's a pic of the back i have saved too

Attachments

• bogen db20df back a.jpg
    bogen db20df back a.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 2,655