• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Some wiring: bus bar (white wire), control pots, terminals for the heaters connections and some decoupling caps for the 3rd tube plate.
The copper wire for some signal and/or B+ supply.

Attachments

• circuit plate (5).jpg
    circuit plate (5).jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 3,213
ddd said:
Very inventive! And very useful for me!
Is seems like you have at your disposal a fantastic crew of designers, mechanics, turners, dryers to achieve such a magnificent result ;)

In fact this is truly a "one man's show..."
I do everything myself and I am fortunate to have a friend's wood working shop, a high level one: there is a good amount of tools and special machines I use to get the needed precision in cutting, driling, painting, etc, to have a decent job done.
Without it I would have not dared to face this kind of work.

[ ]
Ricardo

Here's my just finished line preamp

I have put in all the gadgets I could think of :D like
- a single contact touch switch to turn it on & off
- remote controlled volume and inputs (dear couch, here I come :p)
- an EM83 'magic eye' to play to the music - really beautiful to watch. I made it switchable so I can turn it off at will

As most of the fuss in building a preamp is the peripherals, the main circuit is housed on an removable epoxy board so I can try several tubes/circuits in the future
Currently I am using 6H30p in a srpp configuration but I have already started building a board with 76 / 6SN7 (CF)

It drives beautifully my 4-year old 6C33 OTL which I had presented here

Attachments

• p1000589_2.jpg
    p1000589_2.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 3,074
Valhalla, AB2, 2x75W amplifier, with separate power.

Valhalla, AB2, 2x75W amplifier, with separate power.

The amp and power is so ugly that it's a sort of beautiful. The camouflage paint scheme is not easy to spot at the picture.
Many will call this "kitsch"; I’ll call it a very good amplifier :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The red wine on the right hand side is '04 Masi, Modello Delle Venezie, actually not that good...

Nice work. I love that look. It reminds me of the '40's to '50's RCA and Andrews AM transmission equpiment still around at the start of my career. Those vintage pieces were paragons of craftsmanship. Add a couple vernier dials, a large toggle and a cast brass name plate and you're there.

Thanks Giaime :)

Here is some other pics from other angles.
Mapletree Audio Design (MAD) driver board and Sowter UN70 custom made OPTs. The VU-meters are Sifam AL20SQ "vintage" VU-meters. The bias meter is pulled out from a WWII german radio transmitter. ;)