• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Morning rdf:

No..never thought of using chassie as part of the circuit. I always just run ground wires from everything to the input ground....as you can see in the pic. Although now that you mention it the chassie would probably save a lot of wire. I see from the pictures here a lot of ways to improve on my mess in my next project.

MelB said:
Morning rdf:

No..never thought of using chassie as part of the circuit. I always just run ground wires from everything to the input ground....as you can see in the pic. Although now that you mention it the chassie would probably save a lot of wire. I see from the pictures here a lot of ways to improve on my mess in my next project.

Actaully it would still be best to maintain a star ground implementation rather that use the chassis.

Regards

Anthony

Don't want to imply massive experience so YMMV but I used ground plane on an amplifier project originally designed for direct connection to crystal pickups. The input sensitivity is 0.1 volt. It's very, very quiet. In this case a PBC was used for the ground plane, I never did figure out how to attach wires to heavy copper. Too much heat required, the best idea I could come up with was machine screws through the copper sheet and nuts for a compression crimp. Then I woke up. ;)

The next project looks like it's going to be an Aikido and no question the same technique will be used.

Hey Upupa:

How do you like my amp? :D

Attachments

• bboard1.jpg
    bboard1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 3,544