• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

I have finished my new DIY tube amps

Attachments

• _small-PASH7607.jpg
    _small-PASH7607.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 1,435
  • _small-PASH7556.jpg
    _small-PASH7556.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 1,390
  • min_PASH0422.jpg
    min_PASH0422.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 1,371
  • min_PASH0560-HDR-Edit.jpg
    min_PASH0560-HDR-Edit.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 1,377
Thank you all!
Fronts made of glass using silk screen printing. If I've understand your question correctly =)
My amps have cages for all tubes.
also I built acoustics on 48 speakers, it sounds brilliant.
p.s.
sorry for my English

Attachments

• min_PASH0448.jpg
    min_PASH0448.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 533
  • min_PASH0425.jpg
    min_PASH0425.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 530
  • min_PASH0473.jpg
    min_PASH0473.jpg
    617.2 KB · Views: 1,316
Thank you all!
Fronts made of glass using silk screen printing. If I've understand your question correctly =)
My amps have cages for all tubes.
also I built acoustics on 48 speakers, it sounds brilliant.
p.s.
sorry for my English

Yes, you did understand me correctly. Can you tell some more about that "silk screen printing"? Are you coating the glass with some substance?
But again, beautiful work!

Attachments

• IMG_2017-06-07_223514-2.jpg
    IMG_2017-06-07_223514-2.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 712
  • PASH5455 -2121.jpg
    PASH5455 -2121.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 750
Hi all! Greetings from Italy!

This is the integrated amplifier of my actual setup, it's a single ended based on a 20B triode (one tube per channel), the rectifier is a 5U4G.

It's very simple but i like it.

Attachments

• 20 B one channel small.jpg
    20 B one channel small.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 462
  • 20B power supply small.jpg
    20B power supply small.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 502
  • 20B - 3 small.jpg
    20B - 3 small.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 480
  • 20B - 2 small.jpg
    20B - 2 small.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 562
  • 20 B small.jpg
    20 B small.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 563
Hi all! Greetings from Italy!

This is the integrated amplifier of my actual setup, it's a single ended based on a 20B triode (one tube per channel), the rectifier is a 5U4G.

It's very simple but i like it.

Very nice looking layout and metal work; it isn't over done and has some clean lines to it all.

Out of curiosity, what are the two disks in the front... are they functional or cosmetic? And what does the undersides look like?

About silk screen printing. I tried few methods but silk screen printing is the best, it allows using the backlight. And I can adjust its brightness by remote control.
Photo inside my amps

Spasibo!

I bought some Christmas presents for myself, will try soon... :)

But speaking of paint, does the paint for fabric work on glass and metal? I believe it is just an acrylic paint?
Which paint do you use?

Vladimir you did very nice work !

Looking at the last two posts it seems the Ukraine is string a high standard!
Thank you!
But speaking of paint, does the paint for fabric work on glass and metal? I believe it is just an acrylic paint?
Which paint do you use?
I tried few types of paint. The best one is which need hardener (2 components, resin based I think). Another is transparent or does not stick to glass.

Very nice looking layout and metal work; it isn't over done and has some clean lines to it all.

Out of curiosity, what are the two disks in the front... are they functional or cosmetic? And what does the undersides look like?

Hi overtheairbroadcast, the two disks in front (with the knob in the middle) are actually the two input transformers (i'm posting more photos here): from the unbalanced input the signal is fed into the primaries of those transformers (connected in parallel), the rotary selector switches between the 33 secondary taps to control the volume. With those transformers connected this way a 6 bd gain is obtained.

The metal is actually a 1,5mm thick aluminium skin, the structural part is made of wood.

Here i post some photos of the interior and one specific photo of the input transformers and rotary selector.

Thank you very much for the apretiation!

Attachments

• Volume.jpg
    Volume.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 1,208
  • Interior 1.jpg
    Interior 1.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 1,215
  • Interior 2.jpg
    Interior 2.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 1,201
  • Interior 3.jpg
    Interior 3.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 1,166
  • Interior 4.jpg
    Interior 4.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 1,146
Nice amp Vigi. Where did those solid rotary switches come from? They are quite nice looking.

Hi Carlp, the dual rotary switch is practicaly part of the transformer volume control i bought in a on-line shop here in Italy, the transformers are called "Audio Music 33.C" and the rotary switch is named "Audio Music 33.S2", if you google it i'm sure you will find out. "S2" means dual (in my setup L and R), but there is also a model called "S4" that has 4 channels and is meant for balanced signals.