• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

octal tube guitar amp

A while back I built this small guitar amplifier with all octal based tubes.

- 6SJ7
- 6SL7
- 6V6

Controls are:

- gain
- bass
- treble
- master

Attachments

• DSC_0128.jpg
    DSC_0128.jpg
    960.9 KB · Views: 1,684
  • DSC_0129.jpg
    DSC_0129.jpg
    642.9 KB · Views: 1,566
My humble contribution. It started as a Stereo 70, but the only remaining original parts are the chassis, cage, outputs, and fuseholder. Curcio cascode 6922 driver, triode wired, beefed up stock supply with lots of by-pass caps. It has been making tunes in my system for 20 years now. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0090.JPG
    IMG_0090.JPG
    533.7 KB · Views: 1,507
You've got some great looking (and sounding? :p) amps there... I'm very impressed :)

I nearly completed my recent stereo amp:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Two 807 SE, one 6SN7 and EAM86. Only the Volume knob is missing yet... It isn't that easy to find one as big as I want it to be :eek:
Maybe I'll do one of hard wood...

Best regards

You've got some great looking (and sounding? :p) amps there... I'm very impressed :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Two 807 SE, one 6SN7 and EAM86. Only the Volume knob is missing yet... It isn't that easy to find one as big as I want it to be :eek:

Best regards

Very nice and clean looking amplifier. I like that EAM86, does that vary with the volume level? Also, is it some weird error or is there really a blue blow in those 807's?

Thanks :) It took some time until I was satisfied with that veneer...
As the picture is long time exposed (ca. 10s), the tubes' light effects appear to be a bit too strong :D
The EAM86 works as a simple volume indicator, i.e. varies with the music. Actually there is a faint blue in the 807s that can be seen even at daytime.

Best regards

Thanks :) It took some time until I was satisfied with that veneer...
As the picture is long time exposed (ca. 10s), the tubes' light effects appear to be a bit too strong :D
The EAM86 works as a simple volume indicator, i.e. varies with the music. Actually there is a faint blue in the 807s that can be seen even at daytime.

Best regards

Cool build :cool:
Cheers

Best regards

Oooohhh yes. EAM86 is IMHO one of the most magnificent magic eyes.
Since my camera broke, I only have a very abd cellphone pic I just made:

Monoblock with EF40 driven EL38 with EAM86 "eyes". Rectified by PY81. Some years ago you pick up those tubes for a buck each.