• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

I had one of those plants in College, but I don't remember what happened to it. I think it died at my last house.

I still have Phred though. Phred is about 32 years old now.

Attachments

• Phred_.JPG
    Phred_.JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 959
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
My every day amp is still this..

The OTL running mixed bias 200V across each 6C33C...
I was surprised to find that the Manley stingray takes the same power and I can run with just one heater per tube and it still sounds Good..

Since the picture was taken its now got an Xbox under it ..Its hardly ever off...I play music when I can get at it...then films then the kids playing games...then I try to get at it again but have to share...:rolleyes:

Its playing Jamiroquai at the moment..I wonder how long the power tubes will last...:D

Regards
M. Gregg

Attachments

• OTL AV.jpg
    OTL AV.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 1,009
Last edited:
Atmosphere.

This amplifier is made in France. Atmosphere came to the Silicon Valley around 1990 to find a distributor in US. My friend was interested to be a dealer, they missed getting together couple times (back then there was no cell phone and when you are on the road, it is very hard to get in touch), so the meeting was never happened.
From what I remember, this amp has very good sound, and the transformer I believe was source from Millerioux (maker of excellent transformer), the amplifier cost around $5000 back then.

Hi Monsieur, I suppose that if EL34 and KT88 are in parallel but the original circuit uses either L34 or KT88, maybe the last owner interchange both types of tubes or get two pairs cause the other pair was reliable, they are similar for output in UL like this circuit but different tubes, one is pentode and the other is tetrode, the biases and currents and transconductances also are different the power dissipation too. I was looking for but I not found any vestigial of this trade name. Looks like Atma-sphere but is Français, from the external aspect looks like SState DIY with pretensions of Jadis. I steel prefer the Accuphase further looks like baby amp. Somebody want to listen it. Please maintain informed to us. Best Regards.;)

This amplifier is made in France. Atmosphere came to the Silicon Valley around 1990 to find a distributor in US. My friend was interested to be a dealer, they missed getting together couple times (back then there was no cell phone and when you are on the road, it is very hard to get in touch), so the meeting was never happened.
From what I remember, this amp has very good sound, and the transformer I believe was source from Millerioux (maker of excellent transformer), the amplifier cost around $5000 back then.

Sorry for the destiny of your friend I guess is a tragedy. The amps further looks great. Anyway googleing and surfing the web I couldn't find any extra data. Thanks for your info.
The clue here I guess is which valve uses on the output.
The mixing of L34 and T88 I suppose doesn't work at least with a good or accurate sound.
Please receive a great regards from Spain.:)

Twins...

I finally finished my Damn Good 300B Amp. I built two stereo amps and am running a vertical bi-amp on a modified pair of KRK R6 speakers. I'm really liking it.

The amplifier contains three of my circuits:
- 21st Century Maida Regulator (mounted on rear panel)
- 3 x Universal Filament Regulator (stacked 15 mm between boards in the center)
- 300B Driver Board

I use JJ 300B and 6N6P driver tubes. The sound is sweet and the sound stage is rather remarkable.

Approx measurements: 30 x 40 x 25 cm (W x D x H). 17.3 kg each.

~Tom

Attachments

• 300B_Amps_Front_1000x1500.jpg
    300B_Amps_Front_1000x1500.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 1,599
  • 300B_Amps_Rear_1000x1500.jpg
    300B_Amps_Rear_1000x1500.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 1,528
  • 300B_Amp_Bottom_1000x1500.jpg
    300B_Amp_Bottom_1000x1500.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 1,427
  • 300B_Amp_Open_1000x1500.jpg