• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Ops!

Relly interesting!
I red wonders of this little tube (E/PL82): matched with E/PC86 as a preamp tube and in SE triode configuration can give the most beautiful 0,5w ever.
Or so it's stated on "high sensitive" a german book published about 11 years ago.

Can you share the scheme and your listening impressions?

Ciao!

Ops!
I wrote something wrong! They are ECL82, sorry!!
Beautiful amp nonetheless!

Ciao!

SE EL34

Hi, my last SE EL34 amp - no NFB and triode configuration. On the occasion of Easter - my best wishes of prosperity - Dinkers

Attachments

• set el34 1.gif
    set el34 1.gif
    161 KB · Views: 1,069
  • set el34 2.jpg
    set el34 2.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,066
A quick and dirty build. Initially wanted to add a lightspeed as attenuator. Hence the holes in the front. Alas not enough space. I'm very happy with the sound of the RH84. Especially as the output transformers were little 10$ jobbies from Triodeelectronics I bought yeaaaars ago. Very satisfying to build something relatively frugally and have it turn out so well... soundwise. Here still pictured with Russian made EL84. (Not the EV version) which have now been replaced with JJ which were slightly better sounding imo.

Attachments

• rh84.jpg
    rh84.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 1,239
Last edited:
A quick and dirty build. Initially wanted to add a lightspeed as attenuator. .

It looks great. I am sure you have considered that the lightspeed can be controlled outboard. The only thing that needs to be in the amp is the pair of LDRs and the 100uf caps on each channel. I used CatV cable to run to a separate box with the PS, reg and Pots. You can still get the great sound of the lightspeed in tight quarters.

It looks great. I am sure you have considered that the lightspeed can be controlled outboard. The only thing that needs to be in the amp is the pair of LDRs and the 100uf caps on each channel. I used CatV cable to run to a separate box with the PS, reg and Pots. You can still get the great sound of the lightspeed in tight quarters.
Thanks for the idea. Might just order some more LDR's because I don't feel like desoldering them from the current pcp.

Hi,

Some pictures of my current amp.

Used Tubes:
input :Standard 4019A
driver: Western Electric VT-25
power: Full Music PX-25 mesh
Rectifiers: half wave Klangfilm KL75303 (Telefunken RGN 1404)

All tubes are connected with interstages, the rest of the transformers you see are chokes.
The amp has double power channels; one for mid/high (actively filtered), one for low frequencies. The channels are split after the VT-25 with two interstages (primary in series) to drive two PX-25 into two permalloy output transformers.
Volume control is by a transformer with 24 sec. windings. the counter tubes indicate the volume setting.
Front is made from maple wood, knob from thuya burl wood, rest is Padauk wood.
Impressive at least. Haven't ever seen something like that before (OK, I'm a newbie at tube stuff, just one year on it... :eek: )

Thanks for the idea. Might just order some more LDR's because I don't feel like desoldering them from the current pcp.
High risk of un-matching them :mad: