• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Scott17's KT88 SE Triode/UL tube amplifier, my very first built from scratch tube amplifier. (Tho I've been repairing them on and off for years, aswell as tube TV's)

I've been waiting 9 years to finally build a KT88 amplifier :)
jqCrr.jpg

Merry Christmas to all good people here!

Three stage, 300B/c parallel single ended - no feedback - monoblock 22 Watt RMS power amplifier with DC stabilized tube heaters. Output hum/buzz noise -64dBV/100Hz max (measured with the FFT analyzer of my very strict Hameg DSO, so hope is enough!) at 4Ω load with or without shorted input.

Attachments

• topfinal2.jpg
    topfinal2.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 997
Last edited:
My last tubes amplifier with 300B

Here my last creation, 300B psvane in s.e.
Tubes power supply with 3B28 , hand made transformers including the output transformers. Vu meter made with EM83
Cabinet is made in solid walnut musical instruments wood and the top is made in ragged marbled wood with teak inserts, all are machined with CNC milling machine.
Marry Christmas

Attachments

• PIC00836.JPG
    PIC00836.JPG
    375.1 KB · Views: 1,371
  • PIC00839.JPG
    PIC00839.JPG
    350 KB · Views: 1,307
  • PIC00838.JPG
    PIC00838.JPG
    321.2 KB · Views: 1,223
Here is my third build of the Super Simple Single Stage tube preamp: 4S The Black. This is based on a 12AU7 Silver Dragon. Much modified values and slightly modified schematic. 24VAC wall wart runs a tranni backwards inside to produce 280VDC. Solen output caps. All component-2-component wiring and DC heaters. No hook-up wire in amp section. Silver solder and Alps blue velvet pot on the output.

The best sounding so far. One more differeent one to make which will support with no modification all 12Axx tubes - true plug and play.

Hi mhouston!
Please show the schematic to preamp 4S with tube/valve 12AU7 (ECC82) .
thank you!