• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

someone asked me for a photo on the conect tube preamp

Attachments

• IMG_2767.jpg
    IMG_2767.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,117
Hi Osvaldo! I think the dial radio es from the late forties.
Congratulations from Menorca. Good job.
We will see later. Another Argentinian...

Yes, may be. I had it in the junk box several years (>15), and I ignore from what has been rescued. But it still works, and looks pretty. I have no machinery to make better cabinet, and also I like to see the filament of tubes in the night.

My brother is living in Madrid from 2002. Another exiled after 2001 Crisis???

Last edited:
Yes, may be. I had it in the junk box several years (>15), and I ignore from what has been rescued. But it still works, and looks pretty. I have no machinery to make better cabinet, and also I like to see the filament of tubes in the night.

My brother is living in Madrid from 2002. Another exiled after 2001 Crisis???

In my childhood I had two radios, one series heater and one with power transformer. The name of this radios (AM-SW) was "capilla" Some of them come with RF previously to conversion and two IF valves an three IF tranies, some had Push pull tetrode (42 and one little more modern pentode 6F6) I disassemble them and took the variables capacitors for use in AM transmitter or receivers. I Remember one of this specially that come with this Dial but it was both AC-DC current without transformer and the filaments became in serie. One of the tubes I remember is the 43, I forgot the codes of the others. I come here to Baleares for a family problem with one son that now is living with me here. Also I see that you are friend of Popilin, I meet him i this forum and each day we interchange information about Vacuum tubes and circuits, He has a lot of experience and wisdom.
Ok don Osvaldo le mando un gran abrazo y seguimos intercambiando figuritas de dispositivos hechos con válvulas.:D

"Balance and Function" I agree. I think audio gear should be considered art. Even better; functional art. Think of an expensive watch. Not only is quality watch by a quality craftsman and work of beauty, it has the function of displaying the time.

Personally, I get a little annoyed when I see a well made amp on a bare Al chassis. A spray can and a little imagination can transform an ugly duck into an exciting looking piece of audio gear.

Just my personal view.

OK
I posted a picture of my build of a Rozenblit Son of Beast OTL amp earlier
It now has a friend; a 12B4A linestage with shunt regulated power supply.
Hope you like it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Steve,

Nice match to the OTL. I wonder, on the line stage, why didn't you use gas VR tubes for the shunt regulators. The current requirements of the 12B4's are certainly within the 30 mA range available from these simple yet effective devices that look pretty in operation while upping the tube count.

That is my favorite color of red. I painted my last excellent speaker design prototype pair, the Ultor-X, that color plus eggshell black.

rca