• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Hmm, this may be off topic but I can't help wondering what's going on here. I have noticed that people who build George's amps generally (almost all of them) take good pictures of their amps. When I say good pictures I mean kinda artistic pics. I find this interesting and curious. And not only the pictures, chassis are also above average build quality. There must be a reason behind this but I can't quite figure it out.

We need to try to do well. Bad it itself out.

NOS2005 - congrats, an AWESOME job. Very nice. How is the chassis made? Is it some kind of veneer on the board frame? Its not a real stone as i understand, right?
It's not a real stone...

.. could also be Corian .. with granite look ... ;)
You are absolutely right! :)
I have used in this project CORIAN

Last edited:
My Tube Regenerative AM receiver

There are some photos of my brass chassis, brass variable capacitors, regenerative broadcasting receiver, 3 tubes: ECL85 pre and audio output, NFB and ultralinear wired, ECF801 (from TV tuner), pentode as RF amplifier and decoupler, and 6X4 rectifier. Power (rear black core and aluminium), and output (in front of the second photo) transformers are home-made, as all coils (including filter choke, back of the supply board). All caps, except the electrolytics are Siemens MAC autoregenerable, and electrolytics are Nichicon 105ºC. Ferrite antenna. The dial is recovered from old radio, also brass made, and has been several years in the junk box. Note the board with a double line filter to prevent line noise, and the wire almost all under chassis.

From left to right, volume control plus power switch, tuning and "throttle" capacitor, (Regen control). The main tuning coil is the black (ferrite covered) at first plane in photo 2. I have the circuit in pure DOS ASCII characters (in Spanish) with trafos and coil calculations.

Attachments

• Regen 01.JPG
    Regen 01.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,194
  • Regen 02.JPG
    Regen 02.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 1,179
  • Regen 03.JPG
    Regen 03.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 1,146