• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

And as promised, the schematic. If you have any questions, do not hesistate to ask.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Any reason why Rg (EL84) is as low as 39k? Together with the 22nF coupling cap this will make a low cut filter in the audio band and the load line for the 12AX7 will be quite steep.

I earlier represented some photos of the prototype of this amplifier and now it has reached pre-production stage.
This is a 2 x 10 W PP with Tesla QQE03/12 tubes.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I earlier represented some photos of the prototype of this amplifier and now it has reached pre-production stage.
This is a 2 x 10 W PP with .....

I'm building something like that too.

Here are some photos that show my construction method. A power supply board is shown. Also I just finished the major metal work for the chassis and I'm test fitting it inside the main part of the cabinet. So far so good. More work to be done but now I know the bolt holes line up and the chassis fits.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vspqq9fbsptuoq9/6xIQUgVkhj

that QQE3/12 dual tetrode tube looks like 6R2P of soviet...dual tetrode too with lower Pd and has flexible leads....nice work..

Actually GU-17 from soviet era should be similar to QQE03/12, but my tests with GU-17 tubes showed much different performance.
To get 10 W out with 300 V anode voltage reguires screen voltage up to 260 V which is essentially beyond the specs. In this case the screen current is also very high. GU-17 was a disappointment to me.

I have made a stereoamp with two tubes, one is a 12AT7 and the second a 5998A. Dual powertubes are great, or at least can make interesting projects. I am fiddling with one 832 but have cast glances on some obsolete Russian 6R3S from my Priboj. Each tetrod in the tube is rated 20W.
I usually see you on diyaudioprojects. Do you have an image of the tubes?

OK, here's the 5998A:

Not finished but this will be my 5998A PSE:

The Russian dual powertetrode looks like this. Socket is the GU-50 type socket:

Attachments

• sv572.jpg
    sv572.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 1,241