• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Very nice looking 300B SET . How do you find the Mundorf tube cap's ,I've used the Tube Cap range in the amps .The larger SET is complete film cap supply and the smaller pair have a mixture of Evox,BHC and Mundorf Tube caps .
Lucas is a top bloke ,knows his stuff .Which is good because I don't have a clue about electronic's ,I think I scare him some times when my question's :D.

Cheers
The Mundorf - M caps was a gamble. I used 3 X 47 and one 100/500V. In the first 30mins. one shorted and took out the rec tube. Partsconnexion replaced it. Now all have been working for months with lots of use. The Silver Dragon has a REAL sound and I'm building myself one. And once again going for Mundorf film caps.

What did your amp cost in parts. The one I built cost $3.5K in just parts.

The Mundorf - M caps was a gamble. I used 3 X 47 and one 100/500V. In the first 30mins. one shorted and took out the rec tube. Partsconnexion replaced it. Now all have been working for months with lots of use. The Silver Dragon has a REAL sound and I'm building myself one. And once again going for Mundorf film caps.

What did your amp cost in parts. The one I built cost $3.5K in just parts.
To build the 4 amps @8K . But theres alot of iron and most of it custom values .
Between the 2 midamps thers 6 power supply transformers ,20 chokes plus reg fil supplys .
The tweeter amps between them have 4 power supply transformers and 6 chokes plus reg fil supply's .
Mundorf caps ,a friend is the Oz distributor which helped and I had custom value resistors from Caddock in the TX & MS series some of the values I bought 10 of .
The 5mm copper plate wasn't cheap :mad: .
Lucas put alot work into the OPT's heres the Raven R1 OPT
IMG_5392.jpg

A couple of construction shot
IMG_6245.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Timber case's need to be finished

CHeers

slim amps

Hi there,
first of my new series Slim Amps.
This is a 6EM7 with tube rectifier
also a solid state phone stage
next a 300B
the PCB'c are designed by me, the PPS can do tubes or diodes
the amp boards can be set up in many different ways, even headphones

Attachments

• DSCN0585.JPG
    DSCN0585.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 1,274
  • DSCN0596.JPG
    DSCN0596.JPG
    226.4 KB · Views: 1,287
Last edited:
My Aikido Parafeed headphone amp. I had it playing music on the breadboard
for 1.5 years but it took forever to get it cased up.

Tubes are 6CG7 RCA clear top and 6H30DR, boards are the first ones from Broskie with one
of the boards rewired to have a symmetrical layout.

PSU is all regulated with a Salas HV shunt for B+ and a LM1084-based reg for the heaters.
The PSU is in a separate case connected to the amplifier via thorougly braided wires
and XLR connectors (3 pole for B+ and 5 pole for the heaters).

Parafeed OPT's are custom wound C-core units from AE Europe in the Netherlands providing
two secondary taps for 300 ohm and 64 ohm headphones. Parafeed caps are ERO KP bypassed with a massive Richard Jahre Mica :)