• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Compactron, happy elves

Just playing with the latest toy from the workshop...

Attachments

• compactron 6lb6_9b.jpg
    compactron 6lb6_9b.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 1,897
Hi Guys,

i am happy to introduce my first selfmade tubeamp. It is a single ended 300B amp and i put some stuff on my home page. If you are interested please check out www.schmitt-amps.de . For this moment it is written in german but i am working on the english version. But you can check out some pictures.

Best Reagards .... JimTube

Hi Guys,

i am happy to introduce my first selfmade tubeamp. It is a single ended 300B amp and i put some stuff on my home page. If you are interested please check out www.schmitt-amps.de . For this moment it is written in german but i am working on the english version. But you can check out some pictures.

Best Reagards .... JimTube

And here is a first picture...

in YouTube search for WS 300B SE :)

have fun.....

Attachments

• WS300B-SE2.jpg
    WS300B-SE2.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 1,691
Nice work. I especially like the aged finish on the wood. Would you post a schematic?

~Tom

Yes, of course....

here it is ....

Take a look @ my homepage to see how i get this aged look of the wood. I colored the wooden frame in dark brown and L the next step i covered it with gold.

Regards.... Jim

Attachments

• WS300B-SE Amp.pdf.zip
    401.6 KB · Views: 266
Oh my God... If it's your 1st tubeamp I'm not able to imagine Ur 2dn one...

Great job!

Why 300b like a first one? I think 300b tube amp will be my last one :D

Thank you for the flowers :)

In the last 3 years i had some experiences with a lot amps from China. A Yaqin 6V6, a Yaqin MS 5881A and a Music Angel 300B Amp. I tried to make them better but you it will not work.
So i decided to build my own amp. I put a lot of money in my project. I think it i spend more money in this selfmade amp than in all the three amps from China. But it was worth the money!!

.... Jim