• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Well well; alot of similarity, ECL82 7W per channel. Drop-through o/p trannies; home-made mains tranny different orientation. Not a touch of hum..Fixed bias operation.
squad= balanced input trannies: front end 12GN7 as triode; split load p/s ECC88. I like the sound but 8K primary is a touch soft on the upper register, neverless an easy amp to build with a remarkable performance and sounds astonishingly loud and clean when put against a 20 Watter.

richy

Attachments

• 7W.JPG
    7W.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 2,389
12B4 Linestage

First Tube Construction

12b4 linestage built based on threads here. CLCLC Filter with 2x OD3 for 300V B+. Resistive loaded plate with a LM317CCS on the cathode keeping the tube biased at 20mA with 150V plate voltage. Have not played with LED bias yet. Built P2P but embarrased to show it as wiring is UGLY. No hum so I guess it is good enough for now.

Chasis made of Cherry and Maple of local origin.

The gas reference tubes add a very nice light to the amp.

Attachments

• DSC02108.JPG
    DSC02108.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 509
  • DSC02100.JPG
    DSC02100.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 682
  • DSC02111.JPG
    DSC02111.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 742
I don't think I've ever posted in the gallery before, so here goes. Of course after looking around a bit I'm left with a decidedly "unworthy" feeling. :)

Here's my take on the lilliput amplifier using mostly spare parts that I had around from previous, similar builds. The power supply is a SS rectified, choke filtered design by a friend who also helped tweak the amp circuit to better use parts that I had on had. The chassis is oak with a custom aluminum top plate made by Cam-Expert. I'll try to get the schematics cleaned up in case someone else wants to build a 25lb headphone amplifier. :eek:

Attachments

• Lite_4.jpg
    Lite_4.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,830
  • Lite_2.jpg
    Lite_2.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,889
  • Lite_1.jpg
    Lite_1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,908
  • Lite_3.jpg
    Lite_3.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,748
Very nice job. The internal wiring cleanliness is an inpsiration.
I assume it sounds as good as it looks.

Thanks! I cut my wiring chops on a few other projects and figured out quickly that while it take a lot of time and effort to end up with a clean layout it really is worth it in the end especially if you have to do any troubleshooting.

And yes, it sounds quite good to my ears. :)

Here is my first tube amplifier. Tubes have 300V on cathode and power of this amp is 4W per channel to 4ohm load. The weight of all amp is 10kg, it´s quite heavy for moving:). I used typical europe tubes PCL86 and ECC83. Brands of tubes are TESLA so I think tubes are from Czechoslovakia. Transformers are from old radio.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.