Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Photo Gallery
Photo Gallery
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th December 2017, 07:54 PM   #8131
overtheairbroadcast is offline overtheairbroadcast  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigi77 View Post
Hi all! Greetings from Italy!

This is the integrated amplifier of my actual setup, it's a single ended based on a 20B triode (one tube per channel), the rectifier is a 5U4G.

It's very simple but i like it.
Very nice looking layout and metal work; it isn't over done and has some clean lines to it all.

Out of curiosity, what are the two disks in the front... are they functional or cosmetic? And what does the undersides look like?
Old 15th December 2017, 01:59 AM   #8132
Wavebourn is offline Wavebourn  United States
Designer & Technologist
diyAudio Member

Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIVIn View Post
About silk screen printing. I tried few methods but silk screen printing is the best, it allows using the backlight. And I can adjust its brightness by remote control.
Photo inside my amps
Spasibo!

I bought some Christmas presents for myself, will try soon... :-)

But speaking of paint, does the paint for fabric work on glass and metal? I believe it is just an acrylic paint?
Which paint do you use?
Old 15th December 2017, 03:48 PM   #8133
KIVIn is offline KIVIn  Ukraine
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigun View Post
Vladimir you did very nice work !

Looking at the last two posts it seems the Ukraine is string a high standard!
Thank you!
Quote:
But speaking of paint, does the paint for fabric work on glass and metal? I believe it is just an acrylic paint?
Which paint do you use?
I tried few types of paint. The best one is which need hardener (2 components, resin based I think). Another is transparent or does not stick to glass.
Old 15th December 2017, 04:04 PM   #8134
Vigi77 is offline Vigi77  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheairbroadcast View Post
Very nice looking layout and metal work; it isn't over done and has some clean lines to it all.

Out of curiosity, what are the two disks in the front... are they functional or cosmetic? And what does the undersides look like?
Hi overtheairbroadcast, the two disks in front (with the knob in the middle) are actually the two input transformers (i'm posting more photos here): from the unbalanced input the signal is fed into the primaries of those transformers (connected in parallel), the rotary selector switches between the 33 secondary taps to control the volume. With those transformers connected this way a 6 bd gain is obtained.

The metal is actually a 1,5mm thick aluminium skin, the structural part is made of wood.

Here i post some photos of the interior and one specific photo of the input transformers and rotary selector.

Thank you very much for the apretiation!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Volume.jpg (239.7 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg Interior 1.jpg (349.0 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg Interior 2.jpg (392.9 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg Interior 3.jpg (313.9 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg Interior 4.jpg (322.3 KB, 212 views)
Old 15th December 2017, 04:49 PM   #8135
Carlp is offline Carlp  United States
diyAudio Member

Nice amp Vigi. Where did those solid rotary switches come from? They are quite nice looking.
Old 15th December 2017, 06:58 PM   #8136
Vigi77 is offline Vigi77  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlp View Post
Nice amp Vigi. Where did those solid rotary switches come from? They are quite nice looking.
Hi Carlp, the dual rotary switch is practicaly part of the transformer volume control i bought in a on-line shop here in Italy, the transformers are called "Audio Music 33.C" and the rotary switch is named "Audio Music 33.S2", if you google it i'm sure you will find out. "S2" means dual (in my setup L and R), but there is also a model called "S4" that has 4 channels and is meant for balanced signals.
Old 16th December 2017, 12:04 PM   #8137
hpeter is online now hpeter  Slovakia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigi77 View Post
Hi all! Greetings from Italy!

This is the integrated amplifier of my actual setup, it's a single ended based on a 20B triode (one tube per channel), the rectifier is a 5U4G.

It's very simple but i like it.
medium mu dht, nice

Photo GalleryHide this!Advertise here!