• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

In side complete

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 3,208
Rumbeng said:
View of inside

Hi Rumbeng !
Its work good ?
no noise ?
I think you change system to fast hi hi ...!
Sound good? better you retun origin schema phono kit use out for RIAA with ECC82 , thats MU , gain its ok for schema , and you can buy pass with capacitor MKP 0,1 uF in katot, and sound better now, if you not do its, you can changes out put capacitor 0.22uF come to 0.47uF good morthan like you changes 12AU7 come to 12AX7.
Good luck !
See you soon .

okmrbh said:
This is an aes k-502, some of you may have seen it on the delsol discussion. The case cover has ventilation now which helps keeping things cool. I'll do a few more minor cosmetic changes but it's pretty much the stock amp & board.
Hi man !
You have projecto same radio vintager !
Thats K-502 tube so longer ? same EL 34 and so like KT90 !
its trio and direct heater ?

:whazzat:

Hi, Hdaudio. I'm not sure it could be.
Here is some more info from:

http://www.tubesandmore.com/

KIT - STEREO INTEGRATED TUBE AMPLIFIER

K-502

Tube designs rival the sound of high end audio amplifiers that cost 10 times as much! This kit was designed by George Fathauer. Enjoy the thrill of high end audio without going broke and enjoy the satisfaction in building it yourself. Kit comes complete will all parts and easy to follow instructions. Easily built in one evening. Uses 11BM8 tubes included in the kit. Also included pine board for mounting PC board and transformers.

Input Impedance: 100K ohms
Output Impedance: 8 ohms
Power Output: 8 watts
Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
Minimum Input for Full Output: 0.3 V
Total Harmonic Distortion @ 1 W: <1%

Headphone amp 6c4pi + 6c45pi

Newly assembled headphone amp (the picture was taken meanwhile - the actual will be posted tomorrow).

The amp uses Russian tubes:
- voltage amp: 6C4PI with LED bias
- output stage: 6C45PI with Si diode bias and choke loaded cathode follower + output cap.

Headphones: Sennheiser 420SL, (designed for Philips HP1000)
Weight: 8,5 kg bare.

The design is proved to be ok: detailed and godd bass, still some hum.

Attachments

• headphone_6c4pi_6c45pi.jpg
    headphone_6c4pi_6c45pi.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 3,166
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Aikido Preamp

Folks:

It took me over a year to plan, lay out and build this Aikido preamp, and along the way a lot of people helped. Special thanks go to Bas Horneman (http://home.zonnet.nl/horneman/) and Mikkel Simonsen (http://electronics.dantimax.dk/); Bas supplied the John Broskie-approved Aikido PCBs and Mikkel supplied the Dantimax remote control system. Both Bas and Mikkel provided a lot of support to this newbie. The preamp is built in two ATI Research enclosures; the power supply box sports 3 transformers -- two are dedicated to the preamp and power supply circuits and the other is dedicated to the remote control system. In the preamp box, the Dantimax Control2 PCB and the LCD display are shielded behind an aluminum bracket and copper sheeting assembly, while the preamp PCBs sit above a piece of stainless steel.

The preamp sounds great: open, detailed and airy. Wonderful soundstage and excellent resolution. There is no discernable hum. I used my Hagtech FryKleaner to burn the Aikido in and have been enjoying the results ever since.

I may add a few improvements -- the RCA connectors may be upgraded to Cardas plugs I have on hand, some T-pads may be installed to lower the gain slightly and an on/standby indicator LED (based on Jim Hagerman's circuit at http://www.hagtech.com/pdf/led.pdf) may be added to the power supply enclosure.

Otherwise, this preamp is done. Time to consider new projects!

Regards,
Scott

Attachments

• aikido preamp & ps (front view).jpg
    aikido preamp & ps (front view).jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,933