• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

edjosh23

Thank you! I didn't know the Krell bookshelf. I based my drawing in a Sonus Faber bookshelf. I like the curves on the side. But to say the thuth, I think I'll just make a common rectangular speaker following the Dave Ellis project on www.ellisaudio.com. It's easier and sounds the same. I don't have much time do build the speakers and I want it to be done as fast as it's possible. Maby I i'll build a more "cool" enclosure sometime...

Tom,

I'm using the Microstation. I'ts a professional CAD program. Yes I do the work myself, but the wood finish I will let a professional Craftsman to do because I want it to be perfect.

cheers,

Guilherme

Class A Hybrid.

Here's my "Follower 99" type class A hybrid 6SN7 Mu stage/Hithachi Mos Fet amplifier, with a separate double 35V 6A regulated PS.
Miklos

Attachments

• monolit w ps sm2.jpg
    monolit w ps sm2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 2,569
Clas A hybrid.

and here's the mess at the bottom. Tested a few fans DC and AC, this one is the least noise so far, a Pabst 120V running on 70V.
In the top corners are the Mos Fet source followers for the Mu stage, on a sort of surfacemount fashion. The components are siliconed to the top plate.

Attachments

• bottom 2 sm1.jpg
    bottom 2 sm1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 2,557
6C45 amp

This is my second 6C45 amp.
5Y3 rectifier, 6C45 single stage.
As you can see, there're PC boards:eek:

For convenient parts collection, it's based on a kit provided locally. I kept the boards & made some major changes on power supply & bias method & operation point. About 0.7~0.8w per channel, sounds very clean. It's serving 160Hz & up, I like it very much :D

6C45DZkitmods-ex.jpg

6C45DZkitmods-in.jpg

'finished' el-cheapo amp.

My build of the push-pull 'el-cheapo' schematic (see 'bargain basement' thread on the Decware forum). One change from the posted schematic - I upgraded the output transformers to use Dyanclones. The wood base is Mahogany finished w/ Fromby's tung oil. By the way, nothing 'cheap' about the sound. It's very open and natural sounding. I started this as a fun winter project and now I can see that I'll 1) keep this amp around for a good long time, and 2) curiosity will get the best of me again, as winter's approaching and it's nearly time to pick out another project.

Scott.

link to Bargain Basement thread:
http://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Tubes;action=display;num=1126228937

My build of El Cheapo schematic:
final1.jpg