• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

6E5P single ended amplifier, produces a little over one watt and features a full rich sound. Many of the parts utilized were from Radio Shack's closing sale.

Attachments

• 6E5P Finish.JPG
    6E5P Finish.JPG
    296.3 KB · Views: 208
  • 6e5p Amp.JPG
    6e5p Amp.JPG
    452.6 KB · Views: 209
Reactions: 4 users
NICE!

I like that there are boards out there that simplifies construction. I have a board for a slightly simpler EL84-PP, but due to Summer, I have everything stored away and I cannot directly get the correct components to finish the amp, but will bring them home from USA in September.

If looking for a generic amplifier design, boards and even kits are available on eBay, Amazon, AliExpress and elsewhere. And often the prices are fully accaptable.

PS. I will use BLUE leds in my amp as that upsets people ...:devilr:

Reactions: 2 users
I have just completed a new (pre world war two technology) valve amplifier for my computer sound system. The TRIMAX power transformer is typical of the type used in the late 1930's. I don't know the transformers year of manufacture, the company closed in 1963. The transformer used is not the most suitable for the task, it did however paint up nicely and I was able to save the TRIMAX logo and ripple paint finish. The large valves are 807A's, I used them because they look cool, a modern power cord and connectors were used as the amplifier has to be practical. The ripple paint finish was for the old world look. Triode connected 807's as low power O.K for my computer speakers.

Attachments

• mounting parts scale.jpg
    mounting parts scale.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 221
  • cut chassis parts out of 1mm steel sheet SCALE.jpg
    cut chassis parts out of 1mm steel sheet SCALE.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 224
  • 807A_3 scale.jpg
    807A_3 scale.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 227
Reactions: 7 users