• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Here are some pictures of my latest apartment setup...

Svetlana SV811-10 monoblocks, 8wpc @ 8 ohms, SS rectified. Using the preamp section of a NAD 3020 to control volume/switch sources now, eventually that'll be replaced with a dedicated line/phono pre. Sources are a Tivoli Audio Model Two AM/FM tuner and cheap Sony DVD/CD player, holding me over until I can afford a Technics SL-1200 later this summer. All the stuff is switched from an Adcom ACE-515 AC Enhancer that's also probably getting upgraded soon :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

amplifiers

Thanks ddd, i have hobby to design and build ampl. and preampl. around old unusal and rare tubes, like this, with 4045A tube from STC England. A push-pull topology 11W/Ch :)

Attachments

• 4045a.jpg
    4045a.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,914
Glowbug did you build your amps ? or buy them from some one. That tube looks so similar to a807.

I'm soon to be building a pair of Se tube amp's with a 807. the hard part, finding output trannys with 6k. Here is the schematic i am going to be using.

Attachments

• se807_sch_22.gif
    se807_sch_22.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 2,049
Hi everybody

Well this is my most recent amplifier:

2 x 65WRMS, ultralinear, with the following tubes: 6N1P input/phase inverter, 6BL7GTA splitter and 6550C.
Output trafos made to stand 100 WRMS each and a very big power trafo (almost overkill...) running only warm all day long...

Variable neg. feedback control on the front panel (very good to have this....).
Manual soft start AC turn on and delayed H.T. application to the output stage.

Power supply: 1000 microF + choke for the output stage and separate suplies for the input stage (small choke underside), fixed bias, DC for input tubes heaters.

Sound: sweet and realistic like a (true or pseudo...) triode and lots of detail and transparency.
And a locomotive when needed...

[]s
Ricardo

Attachments

• amp rw (10).jpg
    amp rw (10).jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 2,893
More

rwellerson said:
Interior view....
I really like old school using the new school together! I'm certain my valve amps will end up on PCBs. I like 6550 very much and I would like to know more about your circuitry, schematic? Did you machine the wood and steel, I bet you did. Could you bla bla bla some more, like where the circuit came from, transformers & valve mfgr's etc.

Very nice looking amp:)

Shawn.

Well there are no tube amp's in this picture, BUT they are full range speakers. It's a start for me. These are chrisb's Build & Planet 10's Layout.

Little about the system.

Im running 4 aleph mini's @ 15Watts Class A each. Only 2 are used, also a Sony Cd player then run into a passive volume pot with the Mini A's.

Some comments on the speakers. WOW what sound that comes out of these is amazing i need to get me a pair.. One thing i'm kinda still learning is that they are picky where they are placed. If i move my head a little i can hear the treble become less in that one spot so listening position is critical. I spent a few hours moving them around and playing a lot of different music. These speakers are really clear.. a little less bass than im used to but that is easy to over come.

pictures.