Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Photo Gallery
Photo Gallery
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th May 2013, 05:36 AM   #5151
bonzo15011978 is offline bonzo15011978  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dady View Post
Italian Flag, A baby preamp for babies. Very good taste!
Thank you Esteban!
Old 28th May 2013, 02:39 PM   #5152
oobly is offline oobly
diyAudio Member

Finally put the finishing touches on my own design instrument preamp. I'm no carpenter, so the case has some flaws, but she sounds great
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6SL7_pre_fin.jpg (290.0 KB, 1704 views)
File Type: jpg 6SL7_pre_guts.jpg (376.2 KB, 1665 views)
File Type: jpg 6SL7_pre_on.jpg (144.6 KB, 1536 views)
Old 29th May 2013, 12:06 PM   #5153
mhouston is offline mhouston  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobly View Post
Finally put the finishing touches on my own design instrument preamp. I'm no carpenter, so the case has some flaws, but she sounds great
Some nice fresh ideas are here. I like the idea of the partly hidden, angled tubes.
Old 1st June 2013, 03:29 AM   #5154
devilsindetails is offline devilsindetails  Canada
diyAudio Member

Two everyday systems actually....

Second pic is my SE flea-powered (6GW8 x 2 and EZ81) simple straight-forward 3 tube utilitarian amp which I reclaimed and renewed...about 3 watts p/c output. Easily drives my Wharfedale OB SFB/3s (also reclaimed and restored) to satisfactory levels.

First pic is my Motorolla PP 6V6 output based 3-channel amp also reclaimed and restored...about 9 watts p/c output...I've used this to drive less sensitive loudspeakers in my stable ie: Quad ESL57, Bozak B-4000s and Sony APM 22ES.

Both pretty modest by the high standards of some of the foregoing builds here but excellent learning and listening tools for me as I ponder my own from the ground-up build with reclaimed everything! OK, well maybe not reclaimed caps, resistors and wire but my electronics environmental sensibilities (and my thin wallet) compel me to re-utilize whatever I can salvage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (102.7 KB, 1275 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2780a.jpg (460.3 KB, 1244 views)

Last edited by devilsindetails; 1st June 2013 at 03:32 AM.
Old 1st June 2013, 05:23 PM   #5155
opcom is offline opcom  United States
diyAudio Member

lately.. so sad, my hi-fi is in pieces, but I'm using tube type PC speakers I made with 70L7's. Transformer coupled in and out. They need a gain stage before the 70L7 as the volume is low. These are not hi-fi at all, but just a fun exercise.

Everything except the tubes, including the higher wattage resistors, are inside the plastic cabinets, but there are three 3/8" holes above those, and three similar holes at the rear bottom of the cabinets. The convection cooling is sufficient. The tube socket wiring comes out through the port in the cabinets.

If I have a complaint is is the inefficiency of those speaker drivers. This would be better at filling the area with sound with a simple un-pretentious 2-watt 'table radio' type 4" paper cone speaker in each box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tube PC speakers.JPG (83.1 KB, 1013 views)
File Type: gif pc_speaker.gif (9.5 KB, 995 views)

Last edited by opcom; 1st June 2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 1st June 2013, 05:57 PM   #5156
opcom is offline opcom  United States
diyAudio Member

Mornings are filled with sound from a Philco 50-1720 console via 5W from a 50C6 and 8" full range speaker. A unique feature is one-knob bass+treble control. In the middle is flat, CW and CCW boost either bass or treble, Nicer than a simple tone control.

If nothing else everyone should feel great about their amps considering what's being listened to here these days. I have better amps but until the living room can be cleared of disorder, none of it can be used.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture.jpg (53.0 KB, 932 views)
Old 2nd June 2013, 07:03 PM   #5157
steve shiels is offline steve shiels  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

In the lounge there is a px4 (mazda version)based amp, drivers are by cossor 41mp
in the music room, a px25 based amp with the cossor 41mtl driving,

the px 25 amp is due to be rebuilt later in the year, I'm in the process of making an amp based on the mazda p650 output triode.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (171.4 KB, 388 views)
Old 2nd June 2013, 09:44 PM   #5158
cengclimbing is offline cengclimbing
diyAudio Member

Default Phono Preamp - Just Finished

This started life as simple phono stage to take the place of my K&K while it was undergoing a few upgrades and a chassis rework.

It turned into this... (Darn thing just sounded better and better with every upgrade)

S&B TX103's -> Hagerman Bugle -> Aikido Cathode Follower

Metal Work is from Mike at KM Audio Chassis, I did the Ebony and mirror polish on the case.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 3rd June 2013, 04:13 PM   #5159
M Gregg is offline M Gregg  England
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobly View Post
Nice ideas,

Just for interest..if you want to fill the couple of flaws in the wood try mixing some of the same wood sawdust into wood glue and use it as a filler..the colour should match..

Regards
M. Gregg
Old 4th June 2013, 01:25 AM   #5160
hotwind is offline hotwind  China
diyAudio Member

Default And this is hand-made systems

All DIY```
DSC_1486b.jpg
DSC_1487.jpg
DSC_1498.jpg
DSC_1496.jpg
DSC_1484.jpg
DSC_1493.jpg

Last edited by hotwind; 4th June 2013 at 01:44 AM.

Photo GalleryHide this!Advertise here!