• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Prototype

Here is my latest prototype, one channel of a proposed stereo SE hifi amp, seems to sound OK as is, now onto a proper build.

Attachments

• 20210127_145558.jpg
    20210127_145558.jpg
    663.4 KB · Views: 788
"But we do not know which tubes are used. Moreover, how is the filament supply done. No hum? Do not detect how this is done except from those brown twisted leads."

You can determine all this from one photo of all the other amps shown in the photo gallery?

Sorry I do not quite understand what you by "You can determine all this from one photo of all the other amps shown in the photo gallery?"
You have to help me here : where are those photos?
Thanks.

Details

Valves on my circuit are 12AU7 preamp and EL84 output, filament supply is 6.3v ac directly from the power supply transformer with 2 x220 ohm resistors to ground to provide a virtual 0v. No problems with hum.
The only thing I'm not really sure about is the screen2 to Anode resistor value, at the moment its 220 ohms at 5 watts - does this sound reasonable to you guys ?

Valves on my circuit are 12AU7 preamp and EL84 output, filament supply is 6.3v ac directly from the power supply transformer with 2 x220 ohm resistors to ground to provide a virtual 0v. No problems with hum.
The only thing I'm not really sure about is the screen2 to Anode resistor value, at the moment its 220 ohms at 5 watts - does this sound reasonable to you guys ?

Thanks Stevie for the info! The reason why I asked you for hum problems is because in the past when I made a tentative breadboard with a setup like yours, I was facing those annoying hum problems. But after having made a proper print layout I got rid of that. And in stead of a 2 x 220 ohms I used a single humdinger trimmpot. with its
wiper connected to ground (Merlin Blencowe's advise :) ).
About that 220 Ohm 5W connected to the screen2: How much screen current is flowing when you drive the EL84
at low anode voltages?