• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Picture of a glowing 6N1P in my LED biased headphone amp, looks pretty :)

Steve

Attachments

• 6n1p.jpg
    6n1p.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 2,546
Hello all

This is my most recent valve amplifier: ultralinear, 60 WRMS per channel, high capacity and chokes power supplies and a lot of all usual audiophile tricks.... (and good technic of course).
Wonderful sound!
Hope you like it.

[ ]
Ricardo

Attachments

• picture_ (49)_resize.jpg
    picture_ (49)_resize.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 2,124
rwellerson said:
Hello all

This is my most recent valve amplifier: ultralinear, 60 WRMS per channel, high capacity and chokes power supplies and a lot of all usual audiophile tricks.... (and good technic of course).
Wonderful sound!
Hope you like it.

[ ]
Ricardo

Your attention to detail is superb. One of the cleanest DIY efforts I've ever seen. Nice job!

rcavictim said:

Your attention to detail is superb. One of the cleanest DIY efforts I've ever seen. Nice job!

rca:

Thank you for your kind words... and rest assured that this is not only attention to details.... it's more like neurosis because this is what should be done in every DIY project (IMHO) to avoid many kinds of problems later, including the most dreaded ones: noises of many natures...
I learned the hard way.
And the resulting sound seems cleaner and clearer too...

[ ]
Ricardo

Attachments

• picture_ db_resize.jpg
    picture_ db_resize.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 2,501
poobah said:
rwellerson,

I like how you mounted the handles over the center of gravity instead of the center of???

Nice...;)

poo:

Also thanks for your words.
When you have about 30 Kg of weight in a concentrated nature (and in a very very expensive toy like that) you are forced to apply many and always (almost) forgotten rules...
I assure you it's a piece of cake managing the brute...

[ ]
Ricardo

wuffer said:

sweet.. looks nice inside.. :cool:

if only could do it half as good as you i would be happy but no its just looks like a birds nest with all that wiring...

Hi wuffer

In fact this is much more time consuming/manual labor intensive than difficult to imagine your own way of arranging the wires and components onto their "right" places....
A long time ago I had my vision of doing this kind of point to point observing that ancient Windows screen saver (3D Pipes...): see it now by right clicking your desktop/properties/display properties/screen saver/3D Pipes...
Got the idea now?

[ ]
Ricardo