• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

burnedfingers said:
Miles

You just had to tease me with a 807 amplifier. I have been gathering parts for one and now after seeing yours I will have to make one.

I'll bet it sounds sweet.

Yuppers, sounded very fine even before connecting the NFB, and it doesn't require very much of that. Even though 807s are officially an "xmtr" VT, they are outstanding performers for audio as well.

"I will have to make one." Hop to it! :D

My latest effort, crafted from specially selected alloys chosen after hundreds of hours of listening tests. The precision machining took over 1,000 hours and was done by specially trained craftsmen. No expense was spared in the selection and qualification of components. This is truly what high end audio is all about.

Attachments

• yoshiwara.jpg
    yoshiwara.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 5,290
SY said:
My latest effort, crafted from specially selected alloys chosen after hundreds of hours of listening tests. The precision machining took over 1,000 hours and was done by specially trained craftsmen. No expense was spared in the selection and qualification of components. This is truly what high end audio is all about.

Ah, your LED-cathode-bias EL84 amp? Hmmm, I'm gonna do the same thing but hide the LED's inside :)

SY said:
Low dynamic impedance is tough to find these days.

What do figure the dynamic impedance is at the current being run? A couple of nights ago I assembled a jig to test AC impedance of LEDs biased by a variable CCS and driven with a sound card. A rough calc suggests the lowest AC impedance LED in the junk box is about 7 ohms at 1000 Hz with 15 ma static DC bias. Are significantly lower to be had? BTW, thanks for the tip on LED biasing, much cheaper than Mills wirewound.

That's an accurate description of its appearance, small and bright. Unfortunately that's also the only information on them. I buy them in bags-o-LED packaging from the local jobber. Currently using one as cathode load for an Ultrapath 6c45 and it works very, very well.

This is my phono preamp in the first plane. He include tube ECC83. In the next location is phono amp, witch connection from preamp. He include in the first stage 2xE88CC and in the last stage include Russian tube 6H13C.

Attachments

• tube_2.jpg
    tube_2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 3,174
And this is my next construction. This is a tube amp witch I use when I need quietly play in my home (noice witch made this amp no irritate neighbours :). The amp have a clean chanel like a Fender amp. In the first stage I use the ECC83. The next stage include EL84 witch create 4W power. The box this is a wine package.

Attachments

• el84_ecc83.jpg
    el84_ecc83.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 3,020
Two days ago I implementing a new transformers in my OTL. The transformers was made to order. But they isn't dedicate for 6H13C. The transformers was made for 6C33C-B, but this projec to be temporary stop, because i have't much time but soon realized him.

Attachments

• 6h13c_trans.jpg
    6h13c_trans.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 2,475
My 6B4G DRD amp, soon to be finished.
Triode wired E81L inputs, LL1664 and LL1621 OPT and plate choke.
The amp is finished and the PSU will be in a couple of days.
Those big chokes at the bottom of the PSU are 25mH 3A double C-core surplus units for the LCLC filament supplys.

Attachments

• 6b4gse.jpg
    6b4gse.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 2,160