• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

my latest 300B's
with ECC81 Telefunken pre stage current sources in anode and cathode
extremely quiet. almost 9W before clipping

Attachments

• IMG-5433.jpg
    IMG-5433.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 1,545
  • IMG-5434.jpg
    IMG-5434.jpg
    689.3 KB · Views: 1,507
  • IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    697.6 KB · Views: 1,443
  • IMG_0434.jpg
    IMG_0434.jpg
    959 KB · Views: 1,406
  • IMG_5861.jpg
    IMG_5861.jpg
    579.2 KB · Views: 1,355
my latest 300B's
with ECC81 Telefunken pre stage current sources in anode and cathode
extremely quiet. almost 9W before clipping

My search may finally have ended - I've been trying to find the name/type of a numerical display unit I had once as a kid. I liked to take things to pieces and this one was lost. It was a stack of perspex sheets with indents which light up when you put a small incandescent bulb to the edge. So the perspex sheets were formed into waveguides so a bunch of bulbs at the back of the unit would be used to select which number would be illuminated. Well it just looks like you have a pair of these on your shelf - I can't be sure but I would love to know what they are called, who made them because I forgot.

Attachments

• IMG_0434.jpg
    IMG_0434.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 1,290
My search may finally have ended - I've been trying to find the name/type of a numerical display unit I had once as a kid. I liked to take things to pieces and this one was lost. It was a stack of perspex sheets with indents which light up when you put a small incandescent bulb to the edge. So the perspex sheets were formed into waveguides so a bunch of bulbs at the back of the unit would be used to select which number would be illuminated. Well it just looks like you have a pair of these on your shelf - I can't be sure but I would love to know what they are called, who made them because I forgot.

I'll have a look on thursday, not at home now. they look very much like the one in hearinspace post. but they are modular. I found them in a military junk shop. they work.

Yeah, that's the right technology indeed. The one I had was a single digit, it was modular. The plastic waveguides were bent though 90 degrees so that their edges were available at the back of the module for all the little light bulbs - I think. Anyhow, thanks for the trip down memory lane, must have been 45 years ago !

Last edited: