• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

8000 amp

Pp 8000 PPamp.
Can be changed to 805 or 810.
Any one used this tube.?
Phil

Attachments

• 8000.pdf
    572.9 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_4338.JPG
    DSC_4338.JPG
    355.9 KB · Views: 1,600
  • DSC_4340.JPG
    DSC_4340.JPG
    420.2 KB · Views: 1,579
hllbll,

Fab job with the painting and finish - a unique looking amp you have there!

How does it sound?

Thanks. It turned out quite fine. And sound, it is just great. I was little bit worried how it would handle the lower frequencies, but no problem there at all. I'm not so good comparing different equipment, I just like it or not :p

the rest of us might as well give up and go home! :)
Don't do that, no need for that. I just put these things together, some of you can design your own amps and put those together.

Tube amp by night:

_img1280.jpg

And for the first time ever, I managed to get the goldleaf just right. Gold size was just properly dried when I applied the goldleaf. Well, at least at the second try it was, had to wipe the first one off because the gold size wasn't dry enough. Goldleaf just "smeared" and didn't stick properly.

_img1280.jpg

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
And for the first time ever, I managed to get the goldleaf just right. Gold size was just properly dried when I applied the goldleaf. Well, at least at the second try it was, had to wipe the first one off because the gold size wasn't dry enough. Goldleaf just "smeared" and didn't stick properly.

_img1280.jpg

Well what can you say..I have trouble with letraset :D..
It looks great..how long did the finish take?

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Well what can you say..I have trouble with letraset :D..
It looks great..how long did the finish take?

Regards
M. Gregg

I guess I would have troubles with letraset too Of course I have applied the decals with the model kits, but... Well, all you need is more training, if something feels too difficult :D I made the stencil with the vinyl cutter and used that when applying the gold size. It's much easier that way, than lettering by freehand.

The painting itself took about three hours excluding the goldleaf. The final assembly and wiring and checking + re-checking, maybe two workdays. I did that at work, so had to do some "real work" at the same time. But I guess it can be easily built in one day if you can fully concentrate for the job and have nothing else to do.

Also I got some extra challenge, because I was the first one to purchase this kit as it is at this time. Previous version was mechanically slightly different, as you can see from the manufacturers home page: UralTone amplification Web Store
There wasn't any major flaws with the design, biggest "problem" was the turret board, which wasn't meant to be with this kit, so I had to modify the turret board slightly that I got two tubes moved little bit more to the center. You can see the modification at the inner picture. Manufacturer did send me the right turret board, just in case something would have gone totally wrong, but didn't need that, luckily. At that time I had all the components soldered...

based on schematic made by Davorin, two monoblock PPP with four 6GF7A`s, 12-15W output ... just finished :cheers:

smaller triodes are used for phase splitter and cathode follower driving bigger triodes in output... all in all, triodes... 16 of them :p:p:D

Attachments

• IMG_6821.JPG
    IMG_6821.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_6633.JPG
    IMG_6633.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 357
  • 150324-DSC_1191.JPG
    150324-DSC_1191.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 301
  • 150410-DSC_1274.JPG
    150410-DSC_1274.JPG