• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Art or what?

Did you make that one? It looks great.

I've seen that done a few times, but usually they do a bad job and make it tacky/gaudy.. I saw one where they used tubes in a similar way, but then ruined it by putting ugly light-up plastic tops on all the tubes (w/ the standard chess symbols on them).
Saw one where each tube plugs in and lights up when it's on the board, but again, ruined... They sculpted ugly bases for them, and lit them w/ blue and green LED's.
Would be really classy to have real sockets and light the filaments :)

Did you make that one? It looks great.

I've seen that done a few times, but usually they do a bad job and make it tacky/gaudy.. I saw one where they used tubes in a similar way, but then ruined it by putting ugly light-up plastic tops on all the tubes (w/ the standard chess symbols on them).
Saw one where each tube plugs in and lights up when it's on the board, but again, ruined... They sculpted ugly bases for them, and lit them w/ blue and green LED's.
Would be really classy to have real sockets and light the filaments :)

That would be neat to use the actual filaments, but you'd have to wear gloves or something or you'd get burned :)

Hi Phil,
Thank you,
this amp is Single Ended, I made this power by looking at the pages of Jim De kort. "VT52".
Driver VT25 (replace 71A) and final RS241.
Tube Rectifier : RGN 4004.

regards

Hello Suwaned...bagus!

Love those balloon tubes. Getting rarer and expensive with every passing year. I built the Berman preamp using #56 and RGN 1064.

Enjoy the music.

Pre-amp with 2xECC32 and 6X5GT:

Attachments

• 008b.jpg
    008b.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 1,339
  • 009b.jpg
    009b.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 1,281
  • 005a.jpg
    005a.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 1,276
  • 002b.jpg
    002b.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 1,249
  • 001d.jpg
    001d.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 1,230
  • 002 (2)-d.jpg
    002 (2)-d.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 454
All DHT 845 SE

An experimental all DHT SE amplifier. It uses the 102d (modern) as input, the 2a3 as interstage coupled driver for the low powered 845 on fixed bias. Still working on it and will be tweaking the OP of the 102d. Still needs a mains switch to be fitted! The two LEDs at the front of the panel are for bias failure just in case...

Special thanks to Kevinkr whose help and input got this project going. Also to Andy Evans whose work and ideas got me on the path to this experiment. Thanks again guys. Now for debugging and tuning...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 1,122

An experimental all DHT SE amplifier. It uses the 102d (modern) as input, the 2a3 as interstage coupled driver for the low powered 845 on fixed bias. Still working on it and will be tweaking the OP of the 102d. Still needs a mains switch to be fitted! The two LEDs at the front of the panel are for bias failure just in case...

Special thanks to Kevinkr whose help and input got this project going. Also to Andy Evans whose work and ideas got me on the path to this experiment. Thanks again guys. Now for debugging and tuning...
Gorgeous.