• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

A nice shiny new DIYTube Get Set Go with Transcendar OPTs and a Triode Electronics power transformer.

Finished-Front.jpg

Finished-Rear.jpg

Visit here for more lots more photos and details: DIY Audio Electronics from Zynsonix.com: DIYTube Get*Set*Go Single Ended Amplifier

'True love lives' amp

Here is an amp I built for a friends wedding present. It is an old bakerlight radio, gutted then a EL84 PP amp built inside. Engraved on the front is a lyric from Radiohead - True love waits and the date.

It sounds good, not amazing but good enough for a gift I think. And it took quite a while to get it all together - I thought my metal work was bad, it turns out my wood work is even worse!:rolleyes: It is a little rough around the edges to say the least.

Right, now that is done I can finally get to work on my #26 preamp. I really don't know where you guys get the time for all your projects, you must all be retired! ;)

Cheers

Charlie

Attachments

• photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    705.9 KB · Views: 1,345
Here is an amp I built for a friends wedding present. It is an old bakerlight radio, gutted then a EL84 PP amp built inside. Engraved on the front is a lyric from Radiohead - True love waits and the date.

It sounds good, not amazing but good enough for a gift I think. And it took quite a while to get it all together - I thought my metal work was bad, it turns out my wood work is even worse!:rolleyes: It is a little rough around the edges to say the least.

Right, now that is done I can finally get to work on my #26 preamp. I really don't know where you guys get the time for all your projects, you must all be retired! ;)

Cheers

Charlie

Very cool :cool: .

Cheers

2 x 10 W PP with QQE03/12

I built a prototype with a pair of QQE03/12 double tetrodes and pair of soviet 6F12P triode-pentode (which is a phenomenal tube).
Voltage amplifying stage is a CCS loaded triode and phase splitter is done with pentode section of 6F12P. Output stage has fixed bias and 10k to 8 ohms Indel output transformer.
Anode voltage is 300 V and screen voltage 220 V. Both bias and screen supply are stabilized. Output power is 10 W with 1 % THD. With one watt THD is some 0.1...0.2 % with 10 dB GNFB.
Input sensitivity is 600 mV. Hum level at the output is some 80 dB below max. Po. All heaters are done with AC.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Amazing

I built a prototype with a pair of QQE03/12 double tetrodes and pair of soviet 6F12P triode-pentode (which is a phenomenal tube).
Voltage amplifying stage is a CCS loaded triode and phase splitter is done with pentode section of 6F12P. Output stage has fixed bias and 10k to 8 ohms Indel output transformer.
Anode voltage is 300 V and screen voltage 220 V. Both bias and screen supply are stabilized. Output power is 10 W with 1 % THD. With one watt THD is some 0.1...0.2 % with 10 dB GNFB.
Input sensitivity is 600 mV. Hum level at the output is some 80 dB below max. Po. All heaters are done with AC.

Right now I trying to do some like this, beautiful finish. The PCB.
Nice election (couse i did the same) Can you publish the diagram?
:treasure:
Congratulations again

Supply voltage at the anodes of QQE02/12 is some 300...310 V. Optimum screen supply is about 220 V and quiescent anode current 30...32 mA.
CCS transistors are BF472 (PNP) and the NFET at power supply is IRF820.
Direct coupling of the voltage amplifying stage and phase splitter requires that the anode voltage of 1st stage should be some 80 V. The circuit I used give lower distortion.
I did not try to use pentode as 1st stage since the gain of triode section (mu = 100 ) was just what I needed. But ofcourse the pentode would work fine as an amplifier.