• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

These are not my amps but made by a elderly local fellow builder - Don. He has no technical knowledge but this does not stop him building nearly an amp a month. He has many tube amps!

This is a photo of his 2A3 6C33C and 300B. The 300B did not sound so good but his 2A3 is excellent. He has another 300B and a few 6C33Cs one of which is also very good.

Attachments

• Don2A3.jpg
    Don2A3.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 1,286
  • Dons6C33C.jpg
    Dons6C33C.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,297
  • Dons300B.jpg
    Dons300B.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 1,289
These are not my amps but made by a elderly local fellow builder - Don. He has no technical knowledge but this does not stop him building nearly an amp a month. He has many tube amps!

This is a photo of his 2A3 6C33C and 300B. The 300B did not sound so good but his 2A3 is excellent. He has another 300B and a few 6C33Cs one of which is also very good.

Very nice! Out of interest, where'd he get the iron for those? As a fellow Victorian, I know the joys of trying to get good, moderately priced iron around here...

my first two vjs

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

some of these were 18w amps like this

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

or scratch builds

conversions

I get funny with fender logos.. on a marshall clone. *G*

shipping broke this guys switch.. ticked me off.

Bugera

EL34 SE

an Overdrive pedal

Kustom

Very nice! Out of interest, where'd he get the iron for those? As a fellow Victorian, I know the joys of trying to get good, moderately priced iron around here...
Dyne in Dandenong (I think) wind his power and OPTs. But they are dear. AVAT in Eltham wound a power tranni for but long wait and expensive. You can get Hammonds from Evatco or cheapest yet Edcors from the states. Can be a long wait. Don is now using James which appear cheap.

Where in Vic. are you from. I'm near Franskton.