• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

The 50lb Debutante

The latest debutante to come out: the D3a-driven 300B amplifier. I know she's not much in the looks department, but she sure is heavy!

This is my second audio project. The mains transformer is from an old HP signal generator. The design loosely follows the new reference 300B amplifier. (Though if you try it, note that the D3a wiring is not correct in the schematic.)

She'll be joining her older brother, the headphone amp: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/71300-photo-gallery-357.html#post2653449 . Notice the family resemblance?

Attachments

• 300BSE.jpg
    300BSE.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 1,678
6V6 ST bottled push-pull amp....

just finished today, playing Rubber Soul album by the Beatles:

6922 buffer as first stage, 6BH11 pentode, dual triode in LTP drive....a Mullard 520 configuration.....

3DG4 full wave rectifier complimented by 1N4007 silicon rects.....

the 6V6 st bottles wer made by Penta-Labs....

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

Head1962: Nice looking amps and I see some Hammond iron. The red amps have open frame trannis, what are they, OPTs and who makes them? We all have a different twist on life and builds but I would be casing the open frame stuff. In your case, because the amps are so nice, personally I think it detracts a bit.

After saying that they look like industrial controllers, I like the gutsy appearance. And 5EM7 driving other tubes???? Outta my league.

Here is the Paris schematic designed by Matt of Seattle. He also designed the Silver Dragon (300B) and two of the 4S series of single tube preamps. I'm about to build his 807 design. I don't think I posted Paris Duo (Paris monoblocks) so I'll do that next.

Note: The 820ohm resistor in the PS, make it 1.1K 5W.

Attachments

• Paris-PS.jpg
    Paris-PS.jpg
    779.8 KB · Views: 373
  • Schematic6EM7.jpg
    Schematic6EM7.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 1,075
Head1962: Nice looking amps and I see some Hammond iron. The red amps have open frame trannis, what are they, OPTs and who makes them? We all have a different twist on life and builds but I would be casing the open frame stuff. In your case, because the amps are so nice, personally I think it detracts a bit.

After saying that they look like industrial controllers, I like the gutsy appearance. And 5EM7 driving other tubes???? Outta my league.

Here is the Paris schematic designed by Matt of Seattle. He also designed the Silver Dragon (300B) and two of the 4S series of single tube preamps. I'm about to build his 807 design. I don't think I posted Paris Duo (Paris monoblocks) so I'll do that next.

Note: The 820ohm resistor in the PS, make it 1.1K 5W.

thanks!!
I'll have allo at the diagramms in a second.
here's the red amp with it's covers on.
Jörg Ritter in Germany makes all the transformers.
you can specify exactly what you like and he winds them.
they sound nicer then the hammond ones.

Attachments

• DSCN1455.JPG
    DSCN1455.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 298
SE pentode amplifier.

KT66 power tubes, the driver 6N8S or 6N9S.
2x8.5-watt output power. The full power frequency range 7 ... 60 000 Hz (-3 dB).
Sensitivity to these drivers, 1.4 and 0.4 volts.

Attachments

• SAM_1538.JPG
    SAM_1538.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 350
  • SAM_1540.JPG
    SAM_1540.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 346
  • SAM_1541.JPG
    SAM_1541.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 370
  • SAM_1542.JPG
    SAM_1542.JPG