• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Agree, slim amps are .... slim!:)

I am just in the process of remaking my Stealth, adding a second line input and an iPod docking connector. The chassis is the Hammond 2" standard steel box. Painted everything black (transformer bell ends) to make it more "stealthish".

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I haven't started yet but have parts for a Luxman clone with 50CA10 and really want to make it really really slim, preferrable around 1". I have opportunities to work with sheet metal at my work.

I was looking around for solid matallic (aluminium) knobs but found only "hybrids" (plastic/alu). Then accidently I made a purchase from AES and looked at the knobs at the AES website and found exactly what I was looking for.They are names P-K311 and P-K313.

In a preamp I am slowly building I have installed LEDS in the recesses behind the knobs. Looks rather nice when it's dark.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Top plate and sides are copper.

Nice, I like slim amps. Best antidote against boutique caps. This guy has the world record for a tube amp.

yeah that was my idea to make it slim as possible.
The amp you posted...Ooohw yes thats so sexy !

I am just in the process of remaking my Stealth

Wow thats pretty unique design ! love it !

Tubemaniac: What are you using for a power switch/button? Is it stainless & illuminated?

Buttons are vandalism proof ones. Still cheap ones but they are nice !

I like the vandelism proof switches, they are available in different sizes and ilumination colours.

Attachments

• comp2-f2.jpg
    comp2-f2.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 1,690
Compactron Triple Triode for input stage and LTP, Compactron Sweep Tubes hooked up as triodes, so a Complete Compact Compactron Triod Amp...... with a nixie tube displaying the tube selected for the amp meter..... select 1-4, 0 or nothing also. I was lazy and did not want to have to engrave or put a decal on for the switch position , thought it might look tacky..

Last edited:
EL34 single ended parallel ultra linear

EL34 single ended parallel ultra linear 15 Watts per channel < .1 % THD at 15 Watts 1 KHz. Built from scratch at my shop. The ghoul here was to build an all tube amplifier with as good of specs as possible, using modern components but keeping to a traditional design scheme. I spent 9 months designing and building this amplifier and it was worth every bit of the time spent. This amplifier running a pair of the small Advent speakers sounds incredible. The dynamic range is like nothing else I have ever hired. But then I built the amp... so not trying to be partial. This amplifier will not win any beauty contests, but it sure is perty to me. Bernie

Attachments

• IMG_0014-2.jpg
    IMG_0014-2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,405
EL34 single ended parallel ultra linear 15 Watts per channel < .1 % THD at 15 Watts 1 KHz. Built from scratch at my shop. The ghoul here was to build an all tube amplifier with as good of specs as possible, using modern components but keeping to a traditional design scheme. I spent 9 months designing and building this amplifier and it was worth every bit of the time spent. This amplifier running a pair of the small Advent speakers sounds incredible. The dynamic range is like nothing else I have ever hired. But then I built the amp... so not trying to be partial. This amplifier will not win any beauty contests, but it sure is perty to me. Bernie

Can you post a finished and final schematic. I have a quad match of Mullard EL34s new issue. This amp could be the one to build.