• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Thank you for the flowers :)

In the last 3 years i had some experiences with a lot amps from China. A Yaqin 6V6, a Yaqin MS 5881A and a Music Angel 300B Amp. I tried to make them better but you it will not work.
So i decided to build my own amp. I put a lot of money in my project. I think it i spend more money in this selfmade amp than in all the three amps from China. But it was worth the money!!

.... Jim

cool!!
any change of posting the diagrams?
cheers
Gerrit

Hi all

So after some truble shooting it´s up and running this evening, what a beast!!

Thanks all for helping out

Cheers

1.jpg

2.jpg

Outstanding!!

The Pommern really had beautiful decking, didn't it? -you're really doing it justice here!
Excellent transformers, too.

Yes, what a beast! -but a gorgeous beast. I built one similar (stereo P-P KT88, 450mA xfmr, 5H reactor, 60W O/P xfmrs) -I imagine they weigh about the same- yours likely a bit heavier. But it seems audio quality is measured by the lb (or kg, or whatever you go by). It's the enormous power supply that helps make it sound so good!

Beautiful craftsmanship, really.
Congratulations on a job well done- Many years of Happy Listening!

56oval you paid the plate with one leg ?!:D:D
It helped hide a few marks in the copper that would show up if I was to get it highly polished .

56oval, I think the pics of the finished amp need to be taken with it sitting on the driver's seat of the V-dub. :)
I don't have the 56oval anymore ,I sold it to finance building a 4way active speaker running of set amps :(:).

Cheers

Forgive my ignorance, I would like to ask what exactly is "engine turned" I really like it, wow:worship:!
Hello
Sorry guys its not finished ,but here is the top of my 300B SET i'm building .
The copper plate is 5mm copper and I engine turned/jewelled the top plate it's given it a more 3D look .
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Cheers

Hi Bas,

the sound is very good indeed.......

i do not have the scheme yet, but the power supply delivers 300volts at 30mA, current consumption as follows, 10mA for the 300volt shunt zener string, 10mA each channel...

each channel has 5mA each for the input common cathode and cathode follower, i wired the 7N7 so that i can rotate the tubes so that roles are reversed when i swap them...

the 7X6 rectifier shared the same filament winding with the 7N7's, since is used dicrect coupling, i lifted the chathodes to about 90v using a resistive voltage devider.

the transformer secondary is 250volts and feed a hybrid rectifier formed by the 7X6 and a diode bridge...i built the transformer myself......

i use this pre-amp to drive a Sure T-amp that is set to low gain......

the preamp sounds wonderful to my ears.....and very quiet too....:)

Last edited: