• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

I like

Nice considerations. Charming. Well, the space is great but here it doesn't matter. I've got this unique vintage power trans with such a tube placement, manufactured in 1953 for some kind of a specific device for the Sovier Army. Great core iron.
I like rockets since my next of keen was a pilot of the TU-95 aircraft "Bear".
About trying anything ... any try is a chance for the advance and progress. Thanks for wishing the bless.
Have a nice day!

Well I like it. If it hums like a a cockroach in your inner ear then do something about it. I like your big knob??!!?? AND I like the tubes. They are super cool

Last edited:
It is all hand-made.

Attachments

• DSCN4265-1.JPG
    DSCN4265-1.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 2,331
Is that a headpohone amp. It looks really "Cute". I know that is an odd adjective for a tube amp but really I hope it sounds as sweet as it looks.
Yes it is a headphone amps and it can be a preamps too.
it sounds as sweet as it looks.
and you can rollling tube to what sounds you like.
tube you can use 12AU7 6DJ8 or 6922 and ECC82.
now I use 12AX7 and RCA6201
all different sounds.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
What tubes did you use for the phase splitter and driver?

This was an amp that I used to try different ideas! As it stands in the picture it had 12AY7 input tube, with silver cable and Jensen caps (Paper in oil). I can't remember the splitter topology. They were the small triodes. I tried 12AX7, ECC81, ECC82 in a few experiments.

I could never make my mind up if I liked Triode, Pentode or UL. After stripping it more times than I care to remember, I put switches on the back to select the different outputs. I remember trying all grids to anode in triode operation instead of just moving the UL connections. This gave a very "HIFI" sound. However I found that it depends on what you want to listen to. I like alot of different music, and have never heard an amp that seems to cover all requirements! Ongaku included! :)

Regards
M. Gregg