• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

The OPT of the SimpleSE and the Abdellah are James 6123. the Tubelab SE has Hasimoto 20W 3.5k. I have to say that the difference is obvious. The Hasimoto sound better than the James with the 300B.

I have Sonus Faber Grand piano and Concerto as speaker. That's way I wire both 4 ohm and 8 ohm output.

Next project is a TubelabSE for 45 and 2a3 with Silk iron.

D.

Here's my latest- has taken some time! Very conventional but *powerful* sounding design- fixed bias, triode PP TT21 (KT88). Mullard-type front end, with EF37a input pentodes and 6SN7 drivers. Power supply is paralleled GZ34 with split supplies for each channel after the rectifier. B+ is around 500V. Output transformers are from a Heathkit AA-100, with 8ohm speakers on the 16 ohm tap to get primary impedance of ~3900 ohms. Power tranny is some monster of a thing bought from a ham radio guy. Chassis is from Design Build Listen.

Upgrades are ongoing, need to add 2 fuses in the B+ supply at each output transformer(had a faulty tt21 nearly melt on me!) and CCS for the driver cathodes. Also will dig my scope out of storage and tweak to get good waveforms.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Thanks! Those red EF37A valves are nothing if not striking (as well as very quiet!). Interestingly, they were used in early computing, including the British WW2 codebreaking machine Colossus http://www.r-type.org/static/valvecpu.htm

The chassis came from Design Build Listen - DIY HiFi Components & Kits (no affiliation) and is sturdy and nicely finished. Pity I can't say the same about my wiring, it's in dire need of a tidy up once it's all finished!

Dr. Bora Jagodic design tube reference preamplifier with ECC83 tube , chassis are hand made in my fried garage work place by me . I made this Adagio preamplifier as first tube project .Schematic and PCB ......

Attachments

• FATA SUS.jpg
    FATA SUS.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 1,211
  • INTERIOR.jpg
    INTERIOR.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 1,319
  • IN TESTE.jpg
    IN TESTE.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 686
  • ADAGIO SCH.jpg
    ADAGIO SCH.jpg