• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

It looks like is has one channel ? Can you make a photo from underneath ?

These are my own build tube project from scratch ( except the diagrams ;) )
On the left an old Dual turntable, in the middle the "Phonodude" by Triodedick.com PreAmp and in the far right the Bruce Bender 6N1P Headphone amp.

Attachments

• P1000836.jpg
    P1000836.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 2,331
Accidently saw a downloaded schematic fron Italy of a Triodino II, an ultrasimple SET, 4W/channel using just two tubes (three if used with rectifier tube).
Had the transformers; Danburys DB1090 for OP-trannies and a Welter Electronic (DE) N3/1 for mains X-former. I also had a Hammond chassis that I had drilled for a tube X-over, but now had to "redesign" for the Triodino. It got rolled twice with green Hammerite.
Found the 5998A somewhere (labelled IBM - good for digital sound :spin:).
Some comments on the design: I installed an iPod dock so I could use it w/o players (except for the tiny iPod), the IP-connectors are mounted close to the front to minimize hum pick-up. That's why the mains switch is mounted on the back. And I finally got use for my LEDed knob.
It's a really good sounding amp, perfect for my horn speakers with fullrangers from Hungary (www.sonido.hu).

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.