• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Here's a little flea powered single-ended, direct-coupled, reactance drive amp, based on a National Union 46 tube, driven by a parallelled up 12AT7.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I knocked this one up from the parts bin and though it only puts out around one watt per channel, it has become a severe threat to my lovingly tweaked and developed PX25 DRD amp, tat can just bee seen off to the right.

Oh well:)

Steve

A very confused preamp

Hi all,

I am very proud to make my first picture post here. This is my preamp I made for my dissertation. It is a very confused piece of gear, and it doesnt really know what it is, and niether do i. Its not what you call a finished product, but I had to do my best to make the deadline.

Id like to thank everyone here that has helped me through the build, cheers guys.

I am really looking forward to rebuilding it, I have learnt so much over this project and I feel I am ready to make a serious go at building a decent preamp.

Oh, if anyone has any preamp schematics using an EF86 and 12AX7, that would be most helpful.

Cheers guys

Charlie

Attachments

• schmidt.jpg
    schmidt.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 2,091
Not really there but I just have 6 wires to solder in place and the speaker connectors to fasten.
Based on submin tube 5718 and 5902, this tiny "beast" is good for at least 0,8W. The amp measures 100 x 75 x 115 mm (4" x 3 " x 4½").

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Re: Circlotron mono blocks

jane said:
o Bandwidth: 10 Hz - 100 kHz (-3dB)
o Max power output: 60 Watt
o Gain: 16V/V, 24dB
o THD (1dB below max Po): 0.1 %
o Output impedance: 0.32 ohm
o Signal/noise: -85dB (ref max Po)

Jan E Veiset [/B]

JanE... have you done an FFT power analysis on your amp ? be interesting to compare. With 0.3 Ohms o/p Z; I assume 20dB NFB. Correct ?

richy

soundbrigade said:
$250 to build a physically small amp that is really good sounding, and that doesn't need a tow tryck to move.

:bigeyes: nonono ;) $25 : twenty for sockets and five in paint :) and hours of spotwelding, soldering ... ;) Pierre
PS : But i like big amps too ... search here for my monster OTLs .

Here : with grand daddy !

Attachments

• les2.jpg [640x480].jpg
    les2.jpg [640x480].jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 2,711
That is a really compact amp! 1.8 watts isn't bad for those mini tubes, but looks like it could be capable of more, still looks nice, and not too bulky.

The 813 amp looks nice as well, and I know would sound really good, but 813's are a bit pricey, the iron is not cheap for single ended amps ither.

Attachments

• 25eh5 tubes on amplifier(small).jpg
    25eh5 tubes on amplifier(small).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 2,448