• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

SE 300B WE Audio 91A Clone - Time Bandit implementation

Inside

Attachments

• img_0799.jpg
    img_0799.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 3,725
300B SE Interstage 717A + 311B

My new 300B SE. Use WE311B as driver with interstage coupling to 300B. And use WE717A for preamp. Use 24 step audio volume transformer which can removable to use with other Amp. :)

Overview
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Removable transformer preamp.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and inside.

K-502 amp

I put together this amp from Antique Electronics Supply this past spring.
Eight watts per channel and it sounds fantastic! I chassis mounted the kit and made a few upgrades including chassis mounted gold plated tube sockets, upgraded volume pot and gold plated chassis mounted connectors.

Attachments

• n_a4.jpg
    n_a4.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 2,220
Re: Re: 12AU7??? Puke!

jduffy said:
You see, that's a load of crap. The tube is fine, it's the manner in which it is used where the mistakes occur. I've built several preamps now with the 12AU7 and not boutique tubes mind you and they all sound amazing.

The abuse the 12AU7 has taken is entirely unwarranted. :smash:

Sweet! I am glad to see someone else speak up against the *myth* that the 12au7 is a bad tube. It is indeed not, it's a stellar tube, and at the right loading, you will see the curves are indeed linear, and best yet, it has a delicious sound! There have been some great ones made over the years too and most are available NOS cheap and easy to find. What's not to like about that?

" ... 12au7 ... It is indeed not, it's a stellar tube, and at the right loading, you will see the curves are indeed linear, and best yet, it has a delicious sound! ... "

Got circuits? I would like to build a balanced input and output tube pre-amp, hopefully without the impedance matching transformers, except for the PS ... If only I could find a quality schemo ... :smash:

Tubelab 45 SE

Evenharmonics,
I used 2cm block of high density laminate cotton canvas fabric with phenolic resin, the trade name in Brazil is Celeron - I think that is possible to use MDF sheet. because Celeron is hard to work.
I sawed the laminate with holesaw the appropriate diameter to get the sockets extension.

Yes I used 6uF 660V vintage oil capacitor as first capacitor in place of C4 and 50uF 450V motor run capacitor parallel to C5.

Here some photos of sockets extension

Attachments

• img_0961.jpg
    img_0961.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 2,389
My first vacuum tube amp.

I bought a vacuum tube kit to save time for collecting parts and making the chassis.

I could find an online store where I could find an EL34 kit (ECC83 and EL34) at an affordable price and nice support for the assembly from the shop. The shop provided parts, solder, screws, lugs, cable tie, abundant quantity of fueses.

Some of the amps have assembly instructions. But I only had to rely on the schematic diagram. I blew up a rectifier tube due to the error in grounding. (Firework in the tube)

The sound of the amp exeeded my expectation and I decided to use my Rega Brio as a phono amplifier.

I use an Hartler Compact Reference speakers and NAD C515BEE CD Player, Ipod Mini and Project Audio Xpression turntable with Ortophon 510 MK2 Cartridge.

My ear is getting confused when I heard the amp for the first time. There were too much information in the music. High resolution. The amp was best for Jazz.

I have Groove Tubes in my guitar amplifier. They are far more expensive than Electro Harmonix Tubes (EL34) and EI Tubes(ECC83). But the sound was softer (To be honest... FUZZY :D)

I like the resolution of the sound.

Thank you and wish you all a happy new year.

Attachments

• el34secase.jpg
    el34secase.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 2,401
hunim said:
My first vacuum tube amp.

I bought a vacuum tube kit to save time for collecting parts and making the chassis.

I could find an online store where I could find an EL34 kit (ECC83 and EL34) at an affordable price and nice support for the assembly from the shop. The shop provided parts, solder, screws, lugs, cable tie, abundant quantity of fueses.

Some of the amps have assembly instructions. But I only had to rely on the schematic diagram. I blew up a rectifier tube due to the error in grounding. (Firework in the tube)

The sound of the amp exeeded my expectation and I decided to use my Rega Brio as a phono amplifier.

I use an Hartler Compact Reference speakers and NAD C515BEE CD Player, Ipod Mini and Project Audio Xpression turntable with Ortophon 510 MK2 Cartridge.

My ear is getting confused when I heard the amp for the first time. There were too much information in the music. High resolution. The amp was best for Jazz.

I have Groove Tubes in my guitar amplifier. They are far more expensive than Electro Harmonix Tubes (EL34) and EI Tubes(ECC83). But the sound was softer (To be honest... FUZZY :D)

I like the resolution of the sound.

Thank you and wish you all a happy new year.

Looks like a well laid out kit from the outside. Good deal!