• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

my 'last' EF86 linestage I'll ever build - being sold to a friend of mine. I've searched this thread and I don't think I've posted this yet.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

this was a budget unit - lots of Allied Electronic parts, a left-over Elma switch, HK sourced volume control, Obbligato couplers, etc. Metal work is Front Panel Express. Woodwork was done by a friend of mine who has taken up carpentry as a hobby.

Circuit is an EF86 triode connected, DC coupled to a 6922 White Cathode Follower. The WCF has enough grunt where it also can drive a pair of headphones and this preamp will mostly be used for this application.

Heres my "boozhound amp". Its my first tube amp. Its still little bit in progress so more pictures coming later..

IMG_5423.jpg

Thanks:) The rails serve mostly as decorative, but they do protect the tubes little bit, and its easy to grab those if i want to move the amp around.

Chassis is a Hammond 1441-22 and its made of quite thick steel.. Only real bad thing is that its bottomless. I need to do something about it.

Thanks, well I am using old russian tubes, so need to change to new ones. No problem with heat. No heat inside, and outside is ok. The paint still fits in place ;)
Sound... not same as LM1875 ;) It's different. Still working with fullrange speakers. To say the truth, no special parts inside, except ROE capacitors.

Now working with Zen Headphone Amplifier. Need chassis.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.