• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Pre Amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have recently acquired a Leak Stereo 20 and no less than three pre amps. All appear to be in excellent working order.

Question is, which pre amp would be best to use with the Leak ?

I have only tried the Counterpoint SA7 (which appears to have a LOT of gain) - does it need to be used with attenuators ?

The other pre amps are a QED Passive and a Glen Croft Super Micro Stereo Valve pre amp. I am unfamiliar with all of this equipment and would value any opinions on which to keep with the Leak and which to dispose of.

Best wishes,

Andy Heaton

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi pubrunner2000,
I agree completely with EC8010. Lose the Counterpoint, it should bring some money.

To prove I'm not biased against the Counterpoint, I was authorized warranty service for them in Canada. I also have a Leak Stereo 20 that I'll be restoring (soon I hope). I also have the matching Point One preamp. Later, why not build your own?

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.