• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Triode Electronics ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cruising a few popular guitar amp sites I came across some alarming news " If " Its True,

At The AX84 Site there's a long thread about Triode Electronics Ned no longer being part of the business, And At 84watt.com a similar thread has started up.

18Watt.com thread
ax84.com thread

I know that Triode Electronics has been a great source For Dyna (clone) type replacement transformers as well as being very popular with the guitar guys.
Maybe Somebody here has more info?

I have placed and gotten my orders in good time as recently as this past week, But they are nearly local for me being about 60 mins from my house. But, Rumors are starting big time.
Trout

I too have made several purchases, some very recently, from Triode and everything was handled quickly and easily. I am also "local" to triode being probably 15 minutes closer than Gene and have been in the shop (amazing place BTW), the last time probably two months ago.

I hope Ned does well in his new venture. Except for the tube data page and the email form the site has no content. Maybe he can put a little info on the FAQs page to let us know what's up.

:xeye:
I have bought from T-E in the past 2 weeks and I have gotten everything, "BUT" there is clearly an issue with communication to the guy running it, He NEVER to the best of my knowledge answers email, Or If you buy from him on Ebay he never answers questions from buyers nor follows any shipping instructions ect.

I need a few more of those Fender transformers, But Now after reading on the Guitar amp sites I am reluctant to order

I hope Ned continues to sell those fantastic transformers at his new site, Those have been a real asset to many fender fanatics.

Hey Sherman,, Where abouts are you? I grew up in the Dundee/Algonquin area. Used to own a shop in Bensenville just off Foster & 83.

Well I too have gotten shafted by the new management over at Triode, and in my fervor to find a different parts distributer, have managed to get shafted by a few other places as well. I am having a hard time finding a place with decent stock, reliable shipping, and prices that are not extortion. My last parts order was broken up among a dozen different suppliers, which is expensive, time-consuming and a shipping/receiving nightmare!

As with Triode.....I shall be nit pickin through my next credit card statement......

Chelmervalve.com ( uk) has also changed hands (Harry retired...a real old salt who was a reference on any tube) has remained intact. In fact I'm getting most of my stuff there...as from tube-shop.com.

richj

Triode Electronics

Just came across these threads and had to chime in. The troubles at Triode were just a (big) bump in the road. Dan jumped in after Ned left the job. The computers were all set up by, and for Ned, and we had a heck of a time getting things going for us. Ned had been doing this in his sleep for years and when Dan took over he had a stack of backorders an inch deep plus dealng wth the 12+ orders a day and ebay. If you have had any problems send an email to questions@triodestore.com and I will personally see they are straightend out. Sorry for any problems that might have occured, we were just overwhelmed by something new that someone else had done for many years. A whole new system had to be set up while still filling orders daily. Things are much better now that we have a new computer system and a new shipping manager. If you got an order problem ask for Joe, he will straighten it out. We have been here suppling parts on the web since 1997 and will continue to. Hope you all have a great new year and hope you will not give up on Triode. Jim Pacelt Triodeelectronics.com

Re: Triode Electronics

TriodeEl.com said:
Just came across these threads and had to chime in. The troubles at Triode were just a (big) bump in the road. Dan jumped in after Ned left the job. The computers were all set up by, and for Ned, and we had a heck of a time getting things going for us. Ned had been doing this in his sleep for years and when Dan took over he had a stack of backorders an inch deep plus dealng wth the 12+ orders a day and ebay. If you have had any problems send an email to questions@triodestore.com and I will personally see they are straightend out. Sorry for any problems that might have occured, we were just overwhelmed by something new that someone else had done for many years. A whole new system had to be set up while still filling orders daily. Things are much better now that we have a new computer system and a new shipping manager. If you got an order problem ask for Joe, he will straighten it out. We have been here suppling parts on the web since 1997 and will continue to. Hope you all have a great new year and hope you will not give up on Triode. Jim Pacelt Triodeelectronics.com

Best of luck, I hope things get sorted out. Thanx for the heads-up.

Re: Triode Electronics

TriodeEl.com said:

Thats great News, Being fairly local (55 miles west of triodes shop), I find the delivery speeds a real asset.
I look forward to future purchases.
Trout

Interesting declaration....It's good that DIY forums has this one on the record whereas so many companies just fade away unanswered. I'm currently overdue for backordered stuff (for a fair amount) and I'm looking very closely....As an early triode electr customer I hope they promise to keep up the reputation held by Ned. Reliable tubes and no rubbish.
richj

I have been buying from them for a long time. Their transformers are a good value and I hope that they do stick around because I am going to need some more transformers soon. It has been a few months since I ordered any (Ned was still there)

The little Champ replacement transformer works wonders for a low cost SE amp, even a "HiFi" amp. It costs $15 and doesn't sound half bad, even at 60 mA with a 300B.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.