• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Need Help for Power Supply for gg Preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am a new B in DIY tube amp.
I have built a gg pre amp with power supply using LCRCRC filter.
I use chok input instead of capacitor input to avoide too high a volatge come out from the rectifier with capacitor input (~330V @ no load which already cause me lost 1 out of 4 ziner diodes across the capacitor in the middle).
The power supply circuit is now as in the upper figure.
However, later I find that there is a critical minimum value for load current in chok input filter circuit. The load current in GG (about 8mA) seems to require a chok with at least 30H in my chok input filter circuit. If I do not replace my existing gears, can I rearrange my filtering circuit as in the lower figure. (i.e. RCLCRC? or even RCRCLC?)

Does it work and is there any drawback?

Thanks for helping me

Attachments

• ggpsu.jpg
    ggpsu.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 252
If I add a shunt resistant to the power supply circuit output to increase the current.

It seem that I have to change other resistors to higher rating due to higher current (several times) flow.

Could I rearrage the circuit to that in the lower part of the power circuit I shown above. (i.e. using resistor input instead of chok input).

Will that solve the problem?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.