diyAudio (
-   Tubes / Valves (
-   -   KT88 push pull (

Hojvaelde 10th November 2005 06:10 AM

KT88 push pull

I am looking for a KT88 based push pull power amplifier and have found the amplifier named Bill from Triode Dick.

I can not see what type the OPT is. :bawling: Can anybody help me?

I have some Hammonds on stock I want to use.


heater 10th November 2005 09:25 AM

There is a company, ae-europe, offering transformer sets for designs by Triode Dick. Seem to be goog prices. I have often thought of trying them myself.

See here the link below and scroll down to "Transformer and choke set for the “Annastasia” and “Topcap 807” push pull amplifiers." This should be good for your KT88 also.

dhaen 10th November 2005 09:31 AM

I can confirm that AE Europe make very good output transformers. I'm listening to a pair at the moment in my 845 SE amp.:)
Dick van de Merwe (Triode Dick) has in the past answered my emails.

Hojvaelde 10th November 2005 10:17 AM


I have send a email Dick, but he have not ans.

My problem are I have 2 pcs Hammond 1650P ( €200 :xeye: ) I want to use.


Hojvaelde 10th November 2005 06:18 PM

Sorry :cool:

2 pcs Hammond 1650N but the price is equal.
Raa = 4k3, 60 Watt


tomtt 10th November 2005 06:51 PM

your hammond transformers are quite right for kt88's

search this site and/or google for schematics

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:36 AM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2