• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Brook12a schematics...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, know of a more legible copy than this:
http://www.ampslab.com/SCHEMATICS/Brook12A.gif ?
I am interested in building something similar (have old 2A3s). Any advice from memebers who had cloned this would be greatly appreciated. Had performed a search and there were quite a few talks about doing that (including options to deal with the center-tapped choke) but not clear about the results. By viewing some of the under-the-chassis images from the web, there are 3 pale-green colored power resistors. Two of the 5-watt ones should be the 2k and 10k in the HV filtering route, but there is a larger 10W one that I could not figure out. Could it be the 47k or the 300ohm in the fixed bias circuit?
TIA

Thanks.
That helps in confirming some of the cap/resistor values I have been guessing at. It would be nice though if there is something in more detail, such as the wattage of the resistors, value of the (3 non-labelled) filtering caps, tube pin voltages etc. (can hardly decode those from the lower left hand table). I suppose one can calculate all of those (fun part of diy) but in my case I would just like to simply build one according to the original schematics. Won't be able to approach the real thing I know (using existing irons from garage collection) but curious to see what would happen.

Tom:
I just realized that you are the guy that I just got the 1600 volt transformer from (ebay). Thanks. Look for a 100WPC SE amp using 833A's in the near future. It will likely be discussed further here, or on my web site.

If you find any 6FW5s, plug 'em in - uprated 6AV5 (18W vs 11). On second though - send 'em to me!

Haven't found any yet.

I might be crazy enough to build another monster SE amp some day, especially if someone buys the one that I am building now. If there is a second transformer available for the same price, I would be interested.

The "experts"are saying that hurricane Wilma will visit us on Monday. These tend to kill the electrical power, and the cable modem, so I might be hard to reach for the next few days.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.