• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Audio meet pics from this past weekend

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
rtarbell - yes that's the biggest torodial transformer I've ever seen. That is a power conditioner.

planet10 - it was a beautiful day to be listening outside. Using the patio also allowed me to have three separate listening areas. As for the Audio Nirvanas. I felt they were very good but a bit on the bright side. A newbie that drove down from Austin liked them so much he bought them.

Wardsweb said:
porkchop61 - I was allowed to keep the A7's after veneering them in walnut. They are now very large furniture in the living room.

Yes, I tried that too. I built mine with walnut veneered birch plywood (before geting married). I actually modified the design to look a little like the A7 Valencia's. 511 horn on the top inside of the cabinet, and the 15" LF driver at the bottom with the horn.
They still had to go in the basement after a few months :(
Mine look exactly like these except I replaced the retro-looking grill with a more modern black knit cloth after a while.
You must have a very patient spouse :)
Glenn

altecspeakersb.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.