• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Audio Note M7 Line Preamp??

Here is version with ECC82 / 12AU7.

Attachments

• ECC82 amp_ctf.jpg
    ECC82 amp_ctf.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,002
Hello, I'm picking up this thread left from a year ago...
I would plan to build a preamp for a friend, based on the latest M7 AN clone schematics here. I state that I have already tested the goodness of a similar circuit (a diy project with ECC82 via CCDA in another thread).
I have a doubt about the choice of the output capacitor, as the Audyn true copper seems out of stock, and also about the best type of power supply. In this case, with discrete components or with classic CLC / CRC filter? Thank you

It's not going to sound like Kondo piece so just cobble it together from whatever parts you have on hand and call it a day. Make sure the operating points are OK. It doesn't really matter if it's going to be regulated , CLC or CRC power supply as long as you can make it quiet. He will abandon the project within a year anyway and move to something else ...
If you want to get closer buy tantalum resistors at $30-$40 a piece . Two 0.1uF silver output caps will set you back $1k. Half a meter of suitable single run aged silver hook up wire is $40 .

Yes, japanese people didn't pull their punches in fact of audio stuff (in this case, and specifically Audionote). With a lot of silver everywhere, starting from handmade pure silver transformers and capacitors which are sheikh's stuff. I don't mean at all a comparable thing like original, just considering the idea. Then I see if worthy or not walk the path. Sure, the operating points have to be ok and for the rest...
Well, this friend wants to get himself a gift for retirement, he makes the plant from zero getting a Classé audio DR3 then I don't know..I have to understand if he necessarily needs a line preamp or is it just a whim

Most of us didn't hear the real thing and we have no idea if this sound anything like we imagine. Hearing a great demo setup is not enough. You need to have the damn thing at your own house and experiment /experience it. Otherwise, we all just chasing dreams and I'm not any different. Good luck with it. I will be making the same line stage soon. Just collecting parts . I will use Audio Note UK M2 Power supply board since I have the board and Iron already and phono board too.

I agree on the importance of real listening and not getting lost in pipe dreams. Anyway, lucky you that you already have a quality substrate to work on and on which you can assemble the rest. Of course it is not enough but it is a good start. As for me, I will meditate on what to do. Good work